Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I don’t want this season to end

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’ll be quite happy and content when this season ends. I need a break to recharge and look forward to the new season.

What a season it has been.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Nothing will ever feel like this season.

This may be our best, or it may be the start of a golden age. Who knows what lies ahead.

But after so many years of growing and progressing, inch by inch, sustainably, patiently, this season WE ARRIVED.

We may go on to better things (I hope!) but we will never "arrive" again, which is why this year is so special. Enjoy it.

I'm overjoyed, proud, happy to have been here, excited about the future, and a little sad this wonderful, special season is nearly done.

Most of all I love this club.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am quite happy to be having a break for a bit to be honest, games every few days has taken it's toll on the bank account. Next season is going to hit even harder on the pocket with Europa League, so I need a gap to save up a bit.
Next season should be even better, as long as we don't lose the head coach and his entire coaching staff after 6 games, sell our leading goalscorer in January, have a droppy stroppy keeper, get mugged off by PGMOL and VAR, or end up with such a congested end to the season that we end up playing every 3 days for a month with a squad of 14 fit players.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am quite happy to be having a break for a bit to be honest, games every few days has taken it's toll on the bank account. Next season is going to hit even harder on the pocket with Europa League, so I need a gap to save up a bit.
Next season should be even better, as long as we don't lose the head coach and his entire coaching staff after 6 games, sell our leading goalscorer in January, have a droppy stroppy keeper, get mugged off by PGMOL and VAR, or end up with such a congested end to the season that we end up playing every 3 days for a month with a squad of 14 fit players.
Well, since you put it that way…

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Sounds like the recipe for a great season to me :lol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know what you mean but I also felt like that at the end of last season and didn’t think it could get much better so who knows how next season will go?!
We paused at the ground through all the shyte music, applauded the squad and wondered if we'd seen peak Albion.

Hoiw little we knew, about the flakey manager, and TB's intergalactically good succession plan.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Per RDZ, he's looking forward to a pre season where he can get the extra 30% as we're operating only on 70% right now.
:moo:

Christ.

Agreed on not wanting the season to end, but I'm also needing a break and seriously, another level up. How f***ing exciting it that!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For me …..the SF defeat hits home harder now, as next weekend would be the icing on the cake and prolong the joy a bit longer ….especially after last weeks game against City……but then would it of all turned out like this with the players knowing they have a Cup Final to play in…….so in the end I tell myself to be grateful and agree wholeheartedly with TB

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
But after so many years of growing and progressing, inch by inch, sustainably, patiently, this season WE ARRIVED.

We may go on to better things (I hope!) but we will never "arrive" again, which is why this year is so special.
I know for a fact that RDZ would disagree with this, he's a bit of a relentless maniac that way :lolol:
But it is for sure a celebration-worthy season with your best-ever league result and getting into a top European competition for the first time!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I may have a gradually failing memory, but can anyone remember the last time we went into a final match with absolutely nothing affecting us, whatever the result? No final place to be decided, no need to look at other fixtures....nothing, other than simply wanting to win the last one.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm even enjoying things like most passes and touches on the Prem: Lewis Dunk. 2most tackles in the Premier: Caicedo.

20/21 Maupay was top scorer with 8, Wellbeck second with 6.
This season we've got 4 in double figures, 1 on 8, 3 on 7.

As the season's gone on I've had a several friends of various league clubs tell me they're watching Brighton games whenever they can. They aren't people with Sky, they're family men in their 40s and 50s who are using their 'pub pass' to watch The Albion. I've got friends in France and Australia who are waiting for the fixture to come out before planning their trips to Sussex, this was never a consideration before.

Staying the bloody obvious but it's been terrific entertainment.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I may have a gradually failing memory, but can anyone remember the last time we went into a final match with absolutely nothing affecting us, whatever the result? No final place to be decided, no need to look at other fixtures....nothing, other than simply wanting to win the last one.

2010/11 The marvellous League 1 champions season we drew our last game, Saints won theirs but we still won it by 3 points.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I also love the fact that I'm so excited to go to games now. Felt like a chore towards the end of the Hughton era, which wasn't what paying my ST money plus all the associated expenses for is all about.

I've always said I just want to enjoy watching the Albion, win or lose. I really enjoyed the Championship, and to be fair I never thought we'd be smacking arses in the PL like we are now!!

Where we are now is, in my opinion, down to the absolute genius of Uncle Tony. A long term plan, done slowly and methodically, strong and hidden, like the roots of an oak tree. When the high winds come, we stand strong.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bruno and Ben Roberts leaving. I really believed they were loyal to us. My mistake.
Two ambitious men, wanting a leg up the coaching ladder, they thought a combination of attaching themseves to the Potter bandwagon, and massively increasing their salaries with a move to Chelsea could give them that.

They were wrong, but hindsight is a wonderfuil thing, they did what they thought was right for their careers and their families at the time, that's all that any of us can do.

I don't blame them for the choice that they made, and wish them both well for the future. I don't wan t to see either of them back here though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm an old man now comparitively speaking, and l just couldn't believe that l would get to see the team that l have supportewwd for most of my life, get to play in the Premier League.

I honestly would have been more than happy with that, but now six seasons down the line, here we are with a sixth place finish and about to embark on ourf debut season in Europe.

The trouble is l'm getting greedy and l want more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here