Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I don't get this, any ideas welcome.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would you be the second owner? In which case I would suspect DVLA cock up when first registering the vehicle, not unheard of.

I have exactly this issue on a car. It wasn’t until I had bought the car and received the V5 that I realised that although the make and model was correct the variant was wrong. This has been going on since January. DVLA refused to issue the correct V5 without a letter from the manufacturer agreeing that the V5 was wrong. This was like drawing teeth with pliers but eventually arrived. Four weeks later and nothing from the DVLA, pleased I sent it recorded delivery! No big deal as it won’t matter until I sell the car but it’s long drawn out hassle

Re the OP’s question, I suggest someone has cocked up, nothing sinister, but as long as the dealer is reputable it will be sorted

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I had this from jeffries farm. Was only picked up when i tried to re sell the car. The registration number on the car didnt match the registration number allocated for the vehicles chassis number on fords or anyones website. Turns out it was just an error at first registration. Created quite the problem however.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Problem solved.
The plate on the front is different to the plate on the back, i assumed it would be the same I didn't think to look at the back, the blurb is correct.
They apologised.
I think I may go for it, so, Its though Cinch and the price is about right but has anyone used Cinch because I want to put in a silly deal and see what happens, do they do deals.
I have to register and do it through Whatsapp.
I get 14 days to send it back if I dont like it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Problem solved.
The plate on the front is different to the plate on the back, i assumed it would be the same I didn't think to look at the back, the blurb is correct.
They apologised.
I think I may go for it, so, Its though Cinch and the price is about right but has anyone used Cinch because I want to put in a silly deal and see what happens, do they do deals.

Funny I was in the Winchester at lunchtime and guess what was being discussed....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Problem solved.
They apologised.

I knew it was Cinch because I looked it up last night.

If the plate on the front was different to the back am I right in saying the outside picture of the car is a generic mocked up version ? I mean, plates on the front and the back of the car don't usually differ !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I knew it was Cinch because I looked it up last night.

If the plate on the front was different to the back am I right in saying the outside picture of the car is a generic mocked up version ? I mean, plates on the front and the back of the car don't usually differ !

That is still a mystery, Mrs Chopper contacted them i think through Whatsapp.
But at least the car is ok just going to see if they accept offers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here