Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hyppia the 2nd?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
What a shit show that was.

Alarm bells are ringing for me tonight.

No knowledge of English football whatsoever. Likewise the coaching team. Club completely stripped of personnel from the top downwards. Players seemingly not prepared to play for RDZ. Mitoma out injured. Undav waste of money.

Last time I had a sense of impending doom like this was during the Hyppia clusterfuck.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
For me it's clear that RDZ isnt very well equipped tactically.

Yet to see a change he has made during the game effect the outcome of a match. Something struck me in the build up to the Brentford game, Gary Neville asked Lallana a question along the lines of "is everyone embracing the new coaches ideas, is every happy?" Lallana responded "I am, for sure" - that didn't give me much confidence that we're all "together" currently. I suspect there is a massive hangover from letting our entire coaching team leave.

Its early days, and I'm the last to jump on a coaches back, especially after such little time. But I can hear those bells starting to ring.

Hopefully the WC will be a welcome break for the squad, so that they can learn his new ideas.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If you think this is anything like Hyppia’s reign, I’m going to suggest you are completely misremembering those turgid months. This doesn’t even come close to that dross. So far, its been an almost mirror image of the 2020/21 season. Creating lots of chances but not being able to take them.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I dunno, Hyppia was pretty bad. Not really memories I hang on to very dearly, but I seem to remember us being worse than Forest during those dark days.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
If you think this is anything like Hyppia’z reign, I’m going to suggest you are completely misremembering those turgid months. This doesn’t even come close to that dross. So far, its been an almost mirror image of the 2020/21 season. Creating lots of chances but not being able to take them.
I agree with this. This reminds me of performances pre-lockdown. Dominate games, no end product. Trouble is that festers, and really drains confidence, we would have gone down of covid didn't happen and give our squad a break, time to re focus and take the pressure off.

World Cup will be a blessing for us

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012

No knowledge of English football whatsoever. Likewise the coaching team. Club completely stripped of personnel from the top downwards. Players seemingly not prepared to play for RDZ. Mitoma out injured. Undav waste of money.

Last time I had a sense of impending doom like this was during the Hyppia clusterfuck.
You're an absolute bellend

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Fixed.

I appreciate you're just a troll, but try and find a better hobby
So does that make you happy with that shit show? Forest were hopeless, by far the worst team to have played at the Amex since our promotion to the EPL, a team that would struggle in league one. At the moment Rdz looks like someone who was over promoted, so unlikely to end well.
Looking at the lack of confidence in the squad, it's quite possible we won't win before the world Cup break, which would be 8 games without a win. What would you do then?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Absolutely! It seems that the days when our side unerringly put relegation candidates to the sword are gone. Remember all those massive Potter wins over Norwich, West Brom, Sheffield Utd? No, thought not. We never best the low block. We don’t have the £40 million players who can do that. Tonight was just another Brighton home game. Nothing to see here.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I don't think this is the second coming of Hyypia. RDZ has a style and an idea however he does need time.

I have a similar feeling about RDZ as I did towards Potter at times last season and almost the same feeling inside as to when I was at uni and wrote most of my dissertation, kicked the computer by accident and it shut down and I lost it all and went on to retype it all again the next day.

We just have to accept we will have to type all of the same things out again as we typed not too long ago.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So does that make you happy with that shit show? Forest were hopeless, by far the worst team to have played at the Amex since our promotion to the EPL, a team that would struggle in league one. At the moment Rdz looks like someone who was over promoted, so unlikely to end well.
Looking at the lack of confidence in the squad, it's quite possible we won't win before the world Cup break, which would be 8 games without a win. What would you do then?
We’re currently on four wins. It took us until Boxing Day to get to five wins last season. We finished 9th. Perspective.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

(n)

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
People blaming RDZ need to seriously have a think about the current situation. It took Potter 3 seasons to get this team scoring somewhat consistently. We have a strikeforce that would be genuinely average at championship level. The only similarity to the Hyppia era is the club being quite complacent in their recruitment and squad management.
But it's the same squad of players. GP took a long time to get the squad to a good level, but RDZ has inherited a good squad. Given our budget, RDZ has little chance of spending money to make the squad better, he just needs to get the best out of the players he inherited, but Gros , Macalister, Trossard Webster, wellbeck all look worse now than earlier in the season

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009

giphy.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here