Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton admits Stockdale save was key - but he always thought Albion would respond [The Ar

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton admitted David Stockdale helped lay the foundation for Albion’s stunning comeback.
But he said poor play by the Seagulls was a bigger factor than Charlton’s new formation in the early stages of an extraordinary contest at the Amex.
Albion trailed 2-0 after five minutes but scored three in the second half to win 3-2.
The Addicks plunged back into the drop zone after their defeat but they were on top away to the leaders for 45 minutes.

Hughton said: “That shows the division. Credit to them - they set up in a different shape to what we thought but that didn't cause us problems, it was their pace on the counter."That's down to poor play by ourselves, allowing ourselves to get caught.
"I wouldn't say we were fortunate because we also got the ball in some very good areas in that first half but certainly on chances they could have come in more than two up.
4526327.jpg

Stockdale denies Johann Berg Gudmundsson
“We needed David Stockdale to make a really good save.
"You look for a reaction from the team, you need a little bit of fortune, something to run your way, and it gets you back in the game.
"I always felt once we got the first goal I knew we'd have the momentum of play. It was just whether we could get the goals.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here