Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Hugh Hudson - RIP

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was too young (10) to appreciate it when Chariots of Fire first came out, and found it boring. Well, I probably saw it a couple of years after on VHS as I wouldn't have been at the cinema for it. But I watched it again about 3-4 years ago and really enjoyed it.

You're right. Great film.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
He also directed Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, which I also watched in the cinema back in the day. He was married to Maryam D'Arbo, the Bond girl from The Living Daylights.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
if it’s not Jewish or Black stuff it’s always been strong English Oscar fayre…. Boo

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was too young (10) to appreciate it when Chariots of Fire first came out, and found it boring. Well, I probably saw it a couple of years after on VHS as I wouldn't have been at the cinema for it. But I watched it again about 3-4 years ago and really enjoyed it.

You're right. Great film.
Mrs DiS and I were on holiday in Jersey that year and saw Chariots of Fire at the cinema and weren’t overly impressed. The following week we watched Reds, which was one of the other Oscar contenders that year, and enjoyed it much more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here