Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] HSBC internet and app down

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
HSBC on line banking unavailable all day apparently.

Anyone having problems or had updates?

Note, I do not need to know your mother's maiden name, place of birth, first pet, or favourite colour.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Working now
Nope.

There is a work around, put your phone in Flight mode, then you have 2 options, when in Flight mode the app will let you generate an access security code to the website, or turn Flight mode off again and you should be able to login via the app. This both these options work for me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nope.

There is a work around, put your phone in Flight mode, then you have 2 options, when in Flight mode the app will let you generate an access security code to the website, or turn Flight mode off again and you should be able to login via the app. This both these options work for me.
It worked briefly when I checked. Not now

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nope.

That doesn't work

Error message now says they are performing a system upgrade to "bring you a better banking experience".

More likely had a ransomware attack.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Put your phone in Flight mode then open the app, you should then see a 'Return to log on' and a 'Generate security code' at the bottom of the screen., if you wish to enter your accounts via the app then turn off Flight mode and select the 'Return to log on' message, hit the back (<) button (if you are using an Android device :love:) then you can login using biometrics.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In case anyone is worried, I can assure you that the individual responsible has been paid loads of money for years :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the people who will eventually take the blame probably aren't :down:

That's big business for you :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here