Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] HRMC Submission

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone who uses HRMC portal may be able to assist........

In September I did an on-line submission to pay some tax which was due and currently it just advises in progress.

Does that mean still being looked at or about to be looked at etc ?

In other words I have to wait for them to advise me what to pay ?

Oh and how can you amend a thread title as it should read HMRC ?

Last edited:

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Anyone who uses HRMC portal may be able to assist........

In September I did an on-line submission to pay some tax which was due and currently it just advises in progress.

Does that mean still being looked at or about to be looked at etc ?

In other words I have to wait for them to advise me what to pay ?

Oh and how can you amend a thread title as it should read HMRC ?
If you are referring to Self Assessment it means you haven't completed all the steps to submit the Tax Return. Once you have, it will show you the amount of tax to pay.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
You haven't stated what your submission was for - e.g. Income tax, Corp Tax, VAT, NI , etc. [this may have a bearing]

With your Gov.UK account log on you should be able to view "your account statement" which should show the amount you've paid in as a credit.
If they have not correctly [or not been able to] allocate the funds to your account correctly the funds will be sitting in a "suspense" account [or someone else's] awaiting attention for correct allocation.
If the latter, I would suggest you follow up, providing the date and amount debited from your bank account and clarifying where you intended the funds to be credited to.

Good luck ....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is CGT, having waited patiently for an hour HMRC stated they mailed on 26th October, which they didn't as I checked mails so they will ring back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here