Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] HRH Prince Philip has died

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
If it was intended in the way of showing a fun loving couple, fair enough. It looked to me (and it would appear to some others) like a picture of The Queen laughing her head off at the death of the duke - which would have made you the attention seeker, not me.

That is the duke...it’s an old photo. He’s head of the queens guard and in uniform in this photo. The story behind it is everyone has run for cover because of a swarm of bees. The two are sharing a smile. It’s a lovely photo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the contrary it shows their love and sense of fun.
It’s one of the Queen’s favourite photos. It was taken when a swarm of bees interrupted a ceremony at Windsor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-56242398

This.....it's a perfect picture to sum up their relationship - contrary to the article though I'd read elsewhere that he'd basically 'pranked' her - he wasn't supposed to be stood there, and certainly not in that uniform. Either way it's a great picture

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Whether it's a wedding, coronation, funeral, or whatever, NOBODY can do it better than us.

I'm not much of a royalist (i don't hate them either) but I have to agree. I always feel that the Brits really deliver the pomp and circumstance better then anyone else. Whether you agree with it or not is a personal decision but I love watching it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What a funeral, if you can say that about a funeral. Presuming The Queen had a lot to say about the event, it was 110% covid safe and nothing, absolutely nothing was done that anybody else having a funeral during this time couldn't do.
I wasn't going to watch, feeling sorry for her Maj and didn't want to see her sat alone, but the TV coverage showed just enough.
One thing, as she arrived, getting out of her car and being met at the side door, did she give a thumbs up as she couldn't speak with the mask on?
Expect the press tomorrow to concentrate more on Wills and 'Arry walking together on the way back.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What a funeral, if you can say that about a funeral. Presuming The Queen had a lot to say about the event, it was 110% covid safe and nothing, absolutely nothing was done that anybody else having a funeral during this time couldn't do.
I wasn't going to watch, feeling sorry for her Maj and didn't want to see her sat alone, but the TV coverage showed just enough.
One thing, as she arrived, getting out of her car and being met at the side door, did she give a thumbs up as she couldn't speak with the mask on?
Expect the press tomorrow to concentrate more on Wills and 'Arry walking together on the way back.

Prince Philip planned it all himself even the adjustments recently to comply with Covid restrictions.

I did lose it a few times, being a Navy brat, and then serving myself. The Royal Marine pallbearers were impeccable, he was piped into the chapel, Eternal Father, the lone piper, Last Post, and then Action Stations bugled as he entered the vault.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Prince Philip planned it all himself even the adjustments recently to comply with Covid restrictions.

I did lose it a few times, being a Navy brat, and then serving myself. The Royal Marine pallbearers were impeccable, he was piped into the chapel, Eternal Father, the lone piper, Last Post, and then Action Stations bugled as he entered the vault.

Blimey Price Philip planned her thumbs up
That is precision planning

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Absolutely, she’s such an amazing person. She looked so alone - heartbreaking....... 😢

I think she would have liked to have been alone and having the shield of a mask at this difficult time and service. She would have known the eyes of the world would have been looking at everything, and most people don't have to deal with such issues when losing loved ones.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think she would have liked to have been alone and having the shield of a mask at this difficult time and service. She would have known the eyes of the world would have been looking at everything, and most people don't have to deal with such issues when losing loved ones.

Yes good point. Still very difficult for her.....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I am far from a royalist but watching the news I admire the life the Duke has lived & at this moment I just want to give The Queen a hug.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Queen looked so frail and broken. So heart breaking.

I don’t think she did. I thought she looked and acted just as I thought she would. Sad, proud, noble, a little unsteady perhaps, but broken? NEVER

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think she did. I thought she looked and acted just as I thought she would. Sad, proud, noble, a little unsteady perhaps, but broken? NEVER

I imagine she is broken, I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t follow Philip quite quickly :down:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I thought NSC’s ex-RN crew would be moved by all that, I was as a civvie.

Very special.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I imagine she is broken, I’ll be surprised if she doesn’t follow Philip quite quickly :down:
Bless her, she is 95 and has had a fantastic innings, her sense or duty will help her soldier on, but you can't hold back time. I really can't get my head around a UK without her but, it will happen.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I thought NSC’s ex-RN crew would be moved by all that, I was as a civvie.

Very special.

Was a beautiful service,done with military precision, the music was very poignant. Must confess,never heard the bugle version of action stations, heard the general alarm plenty of times!
Once again RIP to an old sailor with a life of service.
Today made proud to be British and proud to be ex Royal Navy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here