Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How will you feel if we lose?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone not wanting us to win and go straight into the last 16, and three ties from the biggest final in our history, in a competition that even Rangers got to the last two recently, has lost the plot.
Seem to be a lot of the daft buggers about. Something something half-term :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i want us to win tomorrow mostly because i like us winning football matches but mostly because i'm not sure - with christmas looming - i can afford (or rather Mrs CJ will start divorce proceedings) another away day having to be sorted for February. A March game in the R16 is much more doable.
Mrs CJ you say?
I didn't get where I am today by wasting all the hours god gave us on North Stand Chat.

1702496686541.png

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Never like losing depends how but ultimately if gonna lose this is the 1 do lose as we dont go out

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I have to say that this tournament feels like the magic that the FA Cup brought when I was young. Like the '83 cup run. I never get that feeling of anticipation. But yesterday I woke and sat at my work station and lamented that there was still three days to go. Such excitement.
Such is my anticipation- I woke up this morning looking for the match thread and was about to leave for the train station with still one day to go (must be something to do with having been in bed with flu for the past week but thought it was already Thursday :facepalm:)

Obviously we all want a win but a loss will be cushioned by the knowledge that we are still in with a chance to make it to the last 16. After the European season, Newcastle and Man U has had, the fact we have made it anyway through to the knockout round is a big, ‘Weare Brighton so fcuk off!’ to them :laugh:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Part of me thinks you have a better chance of getting to the quarters by coming second in the group. If you win the group you get a bye, sure, but then either one of the teams that came second in the EL group stage or one of the teams that came third in the CL group stage. Of those 16 expect most of the 8 weakest to get knocked out so could have Milan, Galatasaray, Benfica, Feyenoord, Marseille, Freiburg, Roma and Sporting as the options. Alternatively come second in the group, if the draw is kind you could get Young Boys, Lens or Braga in the next round and Rennes, Betis or Slavia Prague in the last 16. Only Leverkusen is scary of the non British group winners. Win the group and those aren't available to draw.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Will be disappointed IF we rest a bunch of players and then have to play 2 extra games as a result. That said I don’t think we will so should be ‘fine’ after the first 5 minutes of frustration.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bournemouth are too plucky by half and therefore not to be considered. Exeter, Torquay and Plymouth are so far west that they‘ve fallen off the globe and therefore do not exist. One day Francis Drake, or likewise, shall discover them and include them as some far off colony.
Sir Francis Drake actually sailed from Plymouth to fight the Spanish Armada, so l'm sure he was aware of it's existence!

But yes l take your point.

el punal

Sir Francis Drake actually sailed from Plymouth to fight the Spanish Armada, so l'm sure he was aware of it's existence!

But yes l take your point.
Yes, I too am aware that dear, old Franny sailed from Plymouth to take on those nasty Spanish galleons. He also circumvented the globe as well. Long live pedantry! :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here