Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] How strong do you like YOURS?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Caffeine

Significant differences here.

Coffee.jpg

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I like a strong coffee. I find Costa a little on the weak side, prefer Cafe Nero. Mrs Shingle is a big Costa fan.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I like a strong coffee. I find Costa a little on the weak side, prefer Cafe Nero. Mrs Shingle is a big Costa fan.
yes Nero is king (or emporer?) here. though surprised the article claims its only as caffinated as Starbucks. wonder if this is because cappuccino compared or Nero beans just stronger tasting?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Nero is my 'favourite' for a flat white if I have to go to a big chain coffee shop! Costa flood theirs with too much milk ... ie they don't really know how to make a flat white!!

I prefer small independents though ... there's a horse box coffee outlet on the airport side of the Old Shoreham Toll Bridge which does fantastic coffee and home made treats ... plus free treats for dogs. I also like 17 Grams Coffee Roasters in Boundary Road, Hove (Portslade?) ... which I pop into when having car serviced nearby.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strong, but when I see how stained my cup is after a cup of coffee it does make me wonder what it is doing to my stomach!

I tend to drink and prefer Nespresso capsules at home to some of the weak watery/milky shite I get in coffee shops. Nearly always ask for a double espresso with hot milk on the side when I visit them.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Probably explains why I dislike Starbucks coffee so much. Weak and tastes like they’ve burnt their beans when roasting.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Going off topic slightly. The best coffee I've ever had was the Macchiato (double) served in the Time Cafe in Awassa, Ethiopia, made with Ethiopian Coffee beans. From memory it was about 15p a cup, went there every day, sometimes three times a day during my stay.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Strong, but when I see how stained my cup is after a cup of coffee it does make me wonder what it is doing to my stomach!

I tend to drink and prefer Nespresso capsules at home to some of the weak watery/milky shite I get in coffee shops. Nearly always ask for a double espresso with hot milk on the side when I visit them.
We get through a crazy amount of Nespresso coffee … evidenced by how often I take a bag of used capsules for recycling!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I always thought the coffee you get at a Starbucks in the States seems much stronger (and better tasting) than the stuff you get in the UK

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I always thought the coffee you get at a Starbucks in the States seems much stronger (and better tasting) than the stuff you get in the UK
I have never had a decent cup of coffee in the US :smile:

As for serving coffee before a meal :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here