Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] How much do you watch?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is actually how much the UK watches per day. in 2020.. via https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofco...s-spend-a-third-of-2020-watching-tv-and-video
It was up nearly an hour on 2019 - presumably lockdown effect.
SVOD is subscription services like Netflix , Amazon, Disney - now up to 1 hour 5 mins a day.
Live TV is still a hefty chunk of how our viewing is made up...

whatdoyouwatch.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is actually how much the UK watches per day. in 2020.. via https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofco...s-spend-a-third-of-2020-watching-tv-and-video
It was up nearly an hour on 2019 - presumably lockdown effect.
SVOD is subscription services like Netflix , Amazon, Disney - now up to 1 hour 5 mins a day.
Live TV is still a hefty chunk of how our viewing is made up...

View attachment 142044

I doubt I do 5hrs 40 a week!

sat in front of a screen at work most of the day, the last thing I want to do is do it more when I get home.

Do people not have hobbies any more ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I pay for Amazon, Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV, BFIPlayer and also IPTV I watch very little of it. However the services seem to keep my wife and kids happy. My trouble is I default to watching football if it is on live so rarely watch anything else.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All depends, When a series like Succession is running I’ll save it up and watch non stop over a few nights and then not bother with much until something else comes up.
I tend not to trawl through services, if there’s nothing I know I’m looking forward to I’ll either check out some recommendations or leave it for a while and listen to the radio or podcasts. I can’t remember the last time I switched the telly on just to see what’s on.

Films on the other hand I watch a lot more of.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So much time.

I have virgin media with all the film and sports channels. Netflix (albeit my neice's account - she uses my disney and prime), Disney+, Prime, Shudder, BFI Player, BroadwayHD, AppleTV+. I have an ever growing library of owned digital content to complement my blu ray and dvd collections. I have a cineworld unlimited card, picturehouse membership.

I usually have my laptop up while watching TV, or my TV on while on my laptop (not while working, I'm a good boy like that). I usually have stuff playing on my laptop while the football is on (so I don't have to listen to the TV commentary). Mostly film, though of late I've been spending a lot of time watching what culture video lists on youtube while the football is on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
During the early lockdown period, Netflix and Amazon Prime really stepped up to the plate. Especially Amazon Prime. Their next day free delivery service never skipped a beat. Respect to the delivery drivers who worked through that scary period. Always made sure they got a tip. Still do

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sky VIP
Don’t have Movies
Don’t have BT
we have Apple TV
We have Disney +.Amazon prime, Netflix ( access via someone’s )
We also have the various ITV Hub etc

But looking for stuff to watch …so many Scottish gritty murder programmes.

The Asimov programme Foundation! on Apple+ is wierd but good.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have Netflix and Prime but struggle to find decent stuff on either of them. I like BBC IPlayer a lot. Always something on there of interest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So i have Sky, BT Sport, Amazon Prime Video, BFI player, Netflix and i've just signed up to Disney (for the Beatles) and iPlayer etc.
There are 4, sometimes 5 of us, a film student , so we get through a lot of viewing and a lot of shared passwords. A lot of football, a lot of films. Current things - Succession, Curb, Masterchef, Seinfeld and old episodes of Are You Being Served.
Also Spotify for music streaming and Sounds. A lot of music streaming and podcasts as well.
Well i don't go out much i guess.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For about an hour in the morning, with breakfast and some caffeine.

Then evenings, several hours worth up to bedtime, which includes boxsets.

Weekend daytimes - I rarely watch TV, in contrast to half of nsc who seem to watch wall to wall EPL games on BT and Sky, the full works. I prefer to get on with stuff and go out.

With Virgin, we have the brilliant TiVo box, Netflix, Sky including all sports and all movies, and BT Sport ….. all for £70 a month.
Plus £8 a month for Amazon Prime.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sky, BT (via Sky) and Amazon (bought for prime rather than streaming) and the associated apps like Iplayer, Hub etc.

Probably a reasonable amount between me and Mrs D most days as we’re often watching different things at the same time - mostly sport for me (football, cricket, golf) and soaps/dramas and reality shite/strictly/XFactor etc her preference. Binned off what I could from Sky (kids, Disney for example) on last ‘renegotiation’ but still expensive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
During the early lockdown period, Netflix and Amazon Prime really stepped up to the plate. Especially Amazon Prime. Their next day free delivery service never skipped a beat. Respect to the delivery drivers who worked through that scary period. Always made sure they got a tip. Still do

Chance would be a fine thing, ours have usually ****ed off down the road in clouds of tyre smoke before the doorbell stops ringing and the package has bounced down the driveway :D

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Other than football only about an hour a day most days but again have the usual stuff I rarely see like Netflix , yahu , prime & bt /sky

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Is it the case that there is more great stuff to watch than ever before, or is the great stuff just spread more thinly across the various channels and services which makes it feel like there is more?

It feels like the former to the point of being almost overwhelming.

I noticed there was a third season of "You" on Netflix the other day. "Ooooh, I quite liked that" I thought. I then went to check and it turns out I only made it through one episode of season two. So that'll be nine episodes of the last season I need to watch before I make it to the new one!

I think there's more great stuff to watch to be honest. I think TV just really upped it's game in the last two decades. There's definitely a case of style over substance where stuff looks the part but isn't all that, but generally there's so much quality available. I rarely watch films these days and I think that is down to when I have time to watch stuff now, I have a TV series on the go. In the past, I reckon I'd go for a film for that extra 'quality' over TV.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
In Spain we watch mostly live TV (UK) via a Firestick and a reliable VPN. Enjoy the ITV 3 or 4 part dramas, think they do them so well. Have to admit to watching Corrie, my excuse being I remember watching the first ever episode as a 14 year old! The Firestick addons give us all the football, cricket, films, box sets we could possibly want. Occasionally watch a film (we like Jason Statham films) on Amazon Prime and absolutely loved Clarkson's Farm, so much so we are watching it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here