Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many people would normally use your season ticket?

Well?

• Just me

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • Me + 1

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Me + 2

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • Me + 3

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Me + 4

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Me + 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Even more

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Don’t have a season ticket

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hope PB doesnt see this. Should be ashamed all of you.T&Cs say ST not transferable

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Probably miss 2 or 3 matches a season depending on work and holidays etc. Would usually pass them on to different mates that can’t afford to take their kids.

I was opposed to the costs associated with the season ticket sharing scheme, and still am, but understand/accept it works for some. Now I just really just wished the exchange opened earlier so those not going can sell their tickets.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As an armchair fan (sadly, and for various reasons) obviously I'm not involved in this. I have to say though, reading some of the above posts, it made me very sad. Passing on a ticket to friends and family - seems natural, and an intrinsic part of being a family club. The change from 'fans' to 'customers' wasn't a good thing to do, IMHO - now it actually seems to be heading to 'anti-fan'.
From a distance, this looks like control freak behaviour by the club. Not a good look - and such a shame since the club are doing so many other things so right.

Why do people continue to insist on misquoting or misinterpreting the reference to fans not customers?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As an armchair fan (sadly, and for various reasons) obviously I'm not involved in this. I have to say though, reading some of the above posts, it made me very sad. Passing on a ticket to friends and family - seems natural, and an intrinsic part of being a family club. The change from 'fans' to 'customers' wasn't a good thing to do, IMHO - now it actually seems to be heading to 'anti-fan'.
From a distance, this looks like control freak behaviour by the club. Not a good look - and such a shame since the club are doing so many other things so right.

People don't like change. It is now much harder to pass on a ticket to;

Someone banned from attending games.
Unconnected people from all corners of the world, when you are sadly unable to make any of the high profile games.
Innocently sharing a discounted ticket with someone either too old or too young to qualify for the particular discount.

It isn't perfect, but it isn't all bad either and given time genuine fans will get used to it. It gets easier after the first time of use.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
People don't like change. It is now much harder to pass on a ticket to;

Someone banned from attending games.
Unconnected people from all corners of the world, when you are sadly unable to make any of the high profile games.
Innocently sharing a discounted ticket with someone either too old or too young to qualify for the particular discount.

It isn't perfect, but it isn't all bad either and given time genuine fans will get used to it. It gets easier after the first time of use.

The current system seems to suit your circumstances, but doesn't for many others, and doesn't suit me personally, but if it works well for the club and the majority of others, I am ok with that.

For anyone that buys a season ticket with the expectation of taking their seat almost always, and just wants to be able to pass the seat once or twice a season (I suspect this is the majority of STH's) it is a system that will at best see more seats up on the exchange, if the game sells out, and sells out early enough. For someone like you, whose son has gone off to University and therefore has a spare ticket at least half the time, and someone who is happy to go as and when they can in their stead, I am sure it works well, but the way things were, would not have been any worse for you.

Does this system solve more problems for the club than it creates? I don't know, but my guess is no, it doesn't.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
*Bounce for the evening crew*

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A couple

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies. I didn't read the instrictions. I have 2 season tickets. Only I use mine. The other is used by 'more'. I voted 'more'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I have missed one league game and one cup game in the Amex era, so my ticket is just me.

Both my sons have been through uni. Son number 1 gave his season ticket up and regretted it. In fact he still regrets it to this day, having been through the waiting list he has his seat back, just not the loyalty points. Son number 2 has asked me to keep his season ticket for now, but doesn't seem to be missing it half as much. When he had an under 21 ticket it was really difficult. Now at least it can be shared around and Son number 1s girlfriend often uses it, with my brother in law as back up. Setting it up was a pain, but for me at least it seems to be working quite well.

Yes, it isn't my ticket that is hot it is my second ticket which I bought on day one so I could take friends and family for a treat. At full price, and all the cost to me.

I have three names associated with my second ticket according to the curent rigmarole, but have three others who would use it but for different reasons (being even further on the 'spectrum' than me being the chief reason) are incapable of doing what is required to gain access.

I don't feel this is about club and money. It is more about general good practice. The club does not want hoards of interlopers, tourists and unidentifiable nobbers causing inconvenience (and occasional mayhem) at the Amex, and anonymising punters won't ever work again.

That said, keep your nose clean and it is easy to 'pass on' tickets to close friends and family, nudge nudge wink wink, with the only risk being that your covid pass is actually blooming checked and it doesn't match the name on the ticket, and I somehow doubt this check will ever happen. Even when my various bits and bobs were looked at on 'match day one' the steward didn't actually look, and I could have been holding a small stamp album, a letter from our nipper's school, and a photo of Martin Fry for all she appeared to care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here