Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many late late goals have we conceded this season?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Game management is definitely a flaw for us. We're too gung ho sometimes. When drawing a game we seem to forget the value of that point. You need to have the mentality of ''yes we'd like to score another goal, but protecting the point we currently have is also a major priority''. Other teams seem so much better at this. We seem to have these moments in games (Palace perfect example) when we go all in for scoring a goal, throw everything forward, at the expense of solid defending. Better game management would have got us a point against Palace, a point against United, would have taken us through to extra time against Leicester in the cup, and might have seen us beat west ham having taken the lead twice.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Our only home win last year came from scoring at the end of injury time.

These things happen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Game management is definitely a flaw for us. We're too gung ho sometimes. When drawing a game we seem to forget the value of that point. You need to have the mentality of ''yes we'd like to score another goal, but protecting the point we currently have is also a major priority''. Other teams seem so much better at this. We seem to have these moments in games (Palace perfect example) when we go all in for scoring a goal, throw everything forward, at the expense of solid defending. Better game management would have got us a point against Palace, a point against United, would have taken us through to extra time against Leicester in the cup, and might have seen us beat west ham having taken the lead twice.

These things happens to every other club as well.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
These things happens to every other club as well.

They do but we absolutely have a real problem. I posted about this the other night. Our game management is appalling this season. No team should be conceding the sort of goals we have against United, Leicester, Newport and Palace and getting very lucky against Fulham and Wolves plus the non - penalty against Villa. None of those incidents were about the other team being great - all were totally avoidable. I don't need stats to tell me that for whatever reason this has been worse than I've ever known this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They do but we absolutely have a real problem. I posted about this the other night. Our game management is appalling this season. No team should be conceding the sort of goals we have against United, Leicester, Newport and Palace and getting very lucky against Fulham and Wolves plus the non - penalty against Villa. None of those incidents were about the other team being great - all were totally avoidable. I don't need stats to tell me that for whatever reason this has been worse than I've ever known this season.

All goals are avoidable

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
How many goals have we conceded after the final whistle?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Forgot about Newport. Prime example. You go 1-0 up in the 90th minute of a cup tie and most teams are switching to a very defensive formation, keep possession of the ball where possible, hoof it long at the slightest hint of danger, throw in a bit of the dark arts to waste some time and the game is done. But not us, we somehow manage to give them a final few chances at goal. It does happen to other teams but seems to happen to us a lot more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here