Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How many different designs do you need for a football in one season?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let’s be honest, football designs should never have gone beyond this, the pinnacle

86AE848D-3980-4E84-9F1E-4DB6AF6F4003.jpeg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The bad news is that there were twenty two kids in that reception class that day - so there's 19 more to come before the end of the season..............

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Watching games over the weekend, it would appear the answer is "three."

I notice that the 'winter ball' has now been retired and replaced with a new design for 'Spring 2022' rather than simply re-use the balls from last autumn. Sigh.

View attachment 145829

When I first saw the middle one I assumed it was sponsored by Lidl due to the colours.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, quite. My son was desperate for the ball in the far right in that picture (£125 for a 'match' version / £25 for the replica). So I got him the £25 version for Christmas (three times as it happens, as there seems to be a problem with the valve on these balls and they keep deflating). Luckily, he didn't want the winter ball as he said it "looks like something out of a comic", plus I wouldn't have bought it even if he did. He hasn't seen the new design yet.

Wise choice opting for Ulloa Penalty version. Not many of those in circulation. Well not in THIS solar system anyways

breaking-lionel-messi-penalty-has-been-spotted-in-space-by-nasa.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here