Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many Albion players can dribble the ball around a keeper and pass it into the net?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A fine skill to have when one on one.

Ulloa can, as we saw today. Vicente, for sure. Buckley, I guess, but I don't remember an instance of this. And the others?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham

Ulloa can, as we saw today. Vicente, for sure. Buckley, I guess, but I don't remember an instance of this. And the others?

Buckley did against David James in the 2-0 win against Bristol City last year if I remember correctly. CMS certainly cant.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sergei gotsmanov vs stoke. Surely you remember that one GR?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We used to have someone by the name of Peter Ward who did that rather a lot.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

I can't believe you forgot the Wardy video you put on youtube Goldstone Rapper! ???

There are examples of how to take a ball around the goalkeeper in that!!

[yt]HFOrfVmpyN0?t[/yt]

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I can't believe you forgot the Wardy video you put on youtube Goldstone Rapper! ???

There are examples of how to take a ball around the goalkeeper in that!!

[yt]HFOrfVmpyN0?t[/yt]

When I asked the question I was thinking in terms of current players (such as whether Barnes can dribble around a keeper), but I am very happy as ever to discuss the legends such as Ward and Gotsmanov in our club's history....

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Kit Napier was also rather expert at rounding keepers.

Great vids and, as I watched, Mary Hopkins' "Those were the days" was playing on the radio, and that went on to become a terrace chant.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Erm all of them? In fact the vast majority of park players could.. That overhead kick by Vaughan tho...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here