Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long untill Orlandi scores?

Spoon

May 31, 2009
I've been backing Bruno since 2nd or 3rd game of season. Finally came in at 14/1.

Was thinking of Hammond or Croft next but Orlandi looking much more likely now
14/1?! I got 40/1 for Bruno scoring first against Bolton..

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I wouldn't hold yer breath on Orlandi or any of the midfield scoring next game or next year. Apart from Bridders, they have all contrived to miss sitters this season. You need to judge Orlandi, not on these hopeful long range efforts but his two crucial close range misses. Versus Leeds, it definitely cost us two points and versus Bolton it was a gilt edged chance to wrap the game up. Both times he carefully and gently side-footed the ball, when a firm finish was required. He is not a finisher and never will be.
We are now 18 games into the season and still await our first goal from midfield. Gus has to take some of the blame for ramming the squad full of midfielders, none of whom have any track record of goalscoring. It is no good harking back to the odd goal here and there from Crofts and Dicker etc. NONE OF THEM CAN SCORE GOALS. THEY ARE ALL USELESS AT FINISHING.
Ultimately, it will be the difference between mid-table and top six. The forward players ( incl Buckley ) and defenders ( all the regular back four have now scored ) cannot shoulder the whole burden.
If anyone out there can tell me where 15-20 goals are going to come from in the next 28 games, from midfield, then I will be a very happy man. Until then, I aint holding my breath.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I wouldn't hold yer breath on Orlandi or any of the midfield scoring next game or next year. Apart from Bridders, they have all contrived to miss sitters this season. You need to judge Orlandi, not on these hopeful long range efforts but his two crucial close range misses. Versus Leeds, it definitely cost us two points and versus Bolton it was a gilt edged chance to wrap the game up. Both times he carefully and gently side-footed the ball, when a firm finish was required. He is not a finisher and never will be.
We are now 18 games into the season and still await our first goal from midfield. Gus has to take some of the blame for ramming the squad full of midfielders, none of whom have any track record of goalscoring. It is no good harking back to the odd goal here and there from Crofts and Dicker etc. NONE OF THEM CAN SCORE GOALS. THEY ARE ALL USELESS AT FINISHING.
Ultimately, it will be the difference between mid-table and top six. The forward players ( incl Buckley ) and defenders ( all the regular back four have now scored ) cannot shoulder the whole burden.
If anyone out there can tell me where 15-20 goals are going to come from in the next 28 games, from midfield, then I will be a very happy man. Until then, I aint holding my breath.

Wrong side of the bed?

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012

Shit you must have really pissed them off

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I let my wife choose my bets for today. She went for Orlandi FIRST scorer, and Hammond LAST scorer.

HOPELESS.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here