Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How is your cooking this lockdown ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Today's lunch was a Rachel Roddy-inspired frittata di pasta, made with leftover spaghetti.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-09 at 16.17.05.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am now looking into what i'll do with the choi sum that arrived in the wee hours of the morning.
You will need to feed it twice a day but don’t overwalk it until 6/7 months old.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Since being on a low carb diet (lost 3 stone) no beer, which is hard as I get it free, I’ve been attempting low carb flours. I ordered carbalose flour last week and have been making bread, with varying results. Today I made flatbread using a normal method. So good.

Since being on a low carb diet (lost 3 stone) no beer, which is hard as I get it free, I’ve been attempting low carb flours. I ordered carbalose flour last week and have been making bread, with varying results. Today I made flatbread using a normal method. So good.

Free beer 👍😯😯

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Today I am attempting Asian crispy pork belly as a main with spicy green beans, carrots and garlic mash.

Left overs to be used in the week for home made Singapore noodles. If it comes out any good will provide recipe.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Oh, and as far as recipe books go, order yourselves Simple by Yotam Ottolenghi, go straight to the recipe for Chicken Marbella, marinate in the morning, cook in the evening and thank me later.

I have done so today, if I can't work for the next couple of months I'll try improving my cooking, not really done stuff from that end of the Med, I'm a huge fan of Italian Food but I'm guessing this will be a little spicier on the whole?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Tried a curry at the weekend from the ground up so to speak, won’t go into details. Recipe said 15 mins prep, 40 mins cooking time.........two and a half hours later.......a great tasting, OK looking dish, need to get it creamier next time.

Saffron, a less than belly button size of fluff cost about £8, ouch!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Cooked a very acceptable beef goulash accompanied by boiled potatoes and steamed cabbage yesterday.

Even included a kitchen injury when I attempted to take the lid of the casserole, with no oven gloves on, just after it had come out of the oven.

Won't do that again........

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cooked a very acceptable beef goulash accompanied by boiled potatoes and steamed cabbage yesterday.

Even included a kitchen injury when I attempted to take the lid of the casserole, with no oven gloves on, just after it had come out of the oven.

Won't do that again........

Managed to raise a nice blister on my index finger with a little blob of freshly mashed potato at the weekend. It sat there for 3-4 seconds only, but bejesus it didn't half sting. Blister going down now, mash subdued & in freezer I'm sure you will be glad to know (half with sauteed leeks and the other with a mature cheddar).

As an aside I almost never eat boiled potatoes, prefer chipped, roasted, mashed, baked in that order.

The exception being Jersey Royals which it would be criminal to eat any other way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here