Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How is your ‘Christmassy’ feeling?

Christmassy feeling?

• Love Christmas - Not feeling it this year

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • Love Christmas - feels the same as always

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Hate Christmas anyway

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 41 28.1%

• Total voters

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nah, just getting warmed up on 6. Stupid Magners brewery making Strongbow 0.5% weaker to avoid the taxation.:annoyed:

Jeez. If I drank that much these days, they’d write a thread called “Hopefully the end for DJ Nobo”

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have had quite a good day with the family in the end, though starting to think we're the only ones who've stuck to the rules
I shouldn't get wound up about it, but I know of family, neighbours and colleagues bending the rules significantly to suit their own ends.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have had quite a good day with the family in the end, though starting to think we're the only ones who've stuck to the rules
I shouldn't get wound up about it, but I know of family, neighbours and colleagues bending the rules significantly to suit their own ends.

The 'great' British public ... well a sizeable minority who do exactly as they please.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Normal day with a slightly bigger dinner and no work ,just opened 1st bottle of beer of the day .Test matches starting later so will open a couple more ,then open a bottle of Baileys.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I am at my old mans so we are trying to make the most of it, but hard to enjoy it knowing so many people (friends and family are alone)

I did enjoy the walk up to cissbury ring with my little boy...

Attachments

• 27BBBC7E-1E11-4757-B6EB-F007AF53A1FD.jpeg
    27BBBC7E-1E11-4757-B6EB-F007AF53A1FD.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 82

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Likewise . . . Spoke to my mum on the phone, then my step dad at the end of the garden, I have a cold and my lads best mate got a positive test on xmas eve. Play safe!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lost my mother to Covid in October so not really in the mood to celebrate. She wasn't an easy woman, particularly in her older years, but her absence leaves a big gap and my thoughts have been going back to much better times spent together when I was younger.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I am at my old mans so we are trying to make the most of it, but hard to enjoy it knowing so many people (friends and family are alone)

I did enjoy the walk up to cissbury ring with my little boy...

Cissbury looks much steeper than I remember it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All was going well till my 77 year old pal (in my bubble) decided to toddle down the road to his house (he lives alone) at around 6 yesterday. 'Mind yourself on the step, it's very steep I say'. 'I know that!' he replies, as he loses his balance and tumbles into the passage between the two end of terrace houses, mine and the neighbours. Unfortunately my neighbour has a metal earth sticking out of the path by her doorstep. You can guess the rest.

We were both quite sober (but too risky for me to have driven). Luckily we got a taxi to the cottage hospital in double quick time and (after some tedious form filling) got seen immediately. Seven stiches in a ragged headwound. I sat with him a bit when we got home, but he seemed remarkably sanguine. Checked up later and he declared himself a 'hard scouser'. Wasn't quite so hard before the stitching, very apprehensive, but you would be if you'd never had stitches in your life! And he a former merchant seaman then social worker dealing with seriously mad and dangerouse people. I raised an eyebrow at that.

Anyway, that was an unpleasant turn of events. I've taken a look at the 'crime scene' and if he'd been an inch further forward the spike would have gone into his skull rather than rip across it. A nice pool of claret there for me to clear up later. I hope he's feeling well enough that we can watch some footy later, the daft b'stard.

Edit: the taxi driver, bless him for working on Christmas day, but he wore no mask, and was on the verge of denying that there is a pandemic, but I changed the subject. On another day I'd not have got into the taxi but bleeders can't be chosers. If we'd demanded an ambulance we'd probably still be waiting, and perhaps rightly so. Still....

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All was going well till my 77 year old pal (in my bubble) decided to toddle down the road to his house (he lives alone) at around 6 yesterday. 'Mind yourself on the step, it's very steep I say'. 'I know that!' he replies, as he loses his balance and tumbles into the passage between the two end of terrace houses, mine and the neighbours. Unfortunately my neighbour has a metal earth sticking out of the path by her doorstep. You can guess the rest.

We were both quite sober (but too risky for me to have driven). Luckily we got a taxi to the cottage hospital in double quick time and (after some tedious form filling) got seen immediately. Seven stiches in a ragged headwound. I sat with him a bit when we got home, but he seemed remarkably sanguine. Checked up later and he declared himself a 'hard scouser'. Wasn't quite so hard before the stitching, very apprehensive, but you would be if you'd never had stitches in your life! And he a former merchant seaman then social worker dealing with seriously mad and dangerouse people. I raised an eyebrow at that.

Anyway, that was an unpleasant turn of events. I've taken a look at the 'crime scene' and if he'd been an inch further forward the spike would have gone into his skull rather than rip across it. A nice pool of claret there for me to clear up later. I hope he's feeling well enough that we can watch some footy later, the daft b'stard.

Edit: the taxi driver, bless him for working on Christmas day, but he wore no mask, and was on the verge of denying that there is a pandemic, but I changed the subject. On another day I'd not have got into the taxi but bleeders can't be chosers. If we'd demanded an ambulance we'd probably still be waiting, and perhaps rightly so. Still....

Is that an episode of the casualty Xmas special Harry ?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Feeling it today, left over sandwiches and a nap on the sofa. Perfect.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
This year I don’t have to comply with the strange whims of my in laws.
Absolute bliss being in our own house, doing things our way.
Tomorrow I will watch football all day without being hovered around, and made to feel like im a neglectful parent.

Very envious.

Last few years have been spent with my in-laws including the wife’s brother, who’s a knobhead of the first order and gets paralytic after 2 shandies.

This year was different though. He was even worse than normal this year, talking utter bollocks all afternoon until about 6:30pm, when he made some pathetic joke aimed at me, at which point I snapped, called him a tosser and told him to shove off home..... and he did.

Guess that’s sorted him out for future Christmases..........!?

So a bad start but a good ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Been far more difficult than I thought it would be. We're going to go HUGE on New Year's Eve and have saved all our presents for then - looking forward to it and can give a big V sign to 2020 as we wave the year goodbye - although respecting the Government rules and planning safely.

Fearful of 2021 but really hope it's much, much better for everyone in the world. :thumbsup:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Very envious.

Last few years have been spent with my in-laws including the wife’s brother, who’s a knobhead of the first order and gets paralytic after 2 shandies.

This year was different though. He was even worse than normal this year, talking utter bollocks all afternoon until about 6:30pm, when he made some pathetic joke aimed at me, at which point I snapped, called him a tosser and told him to shove off home..... and he did.

Sorry to hear that mate. Sounds like my brother-in-law, who can't keep his mouth shut for five minutes (especially after drinking) and has had a pop at me from time to time - usually at Christmas. One year, I dug in, ignored it all - wasn't going to get into an altercation with other relatives around who are so nice - and on the 27th December, I sent him a text message to f**k off!

Revenge was very sweet! :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What is the Christmas thing?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry to hear that mate. Sounds like my brother-in-law, who can't keep his mouth shut for five minutes (especially after drinking) and has had a pop at me from time to time - usually at Christmas. One year, I dug in, ignored it all - wasn't going to get into an altercation with other relatives around who are so nice - and on the 27th December, I sent him a text message to f**k off!

Revenge was very sweet! :)

Genuine laugh out loud at your finale.

:bowdown:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Very envious.

Good for you . He won’t take the **** again, I guarantee it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here