Votes: 55 28.9%
  • Lose to Palace 5-0, but still qualify for Europe

Votes: 135 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 20, 2021
How important is it for us to beat our friends from South London?
Or are we moving on?
Choose what you would rather happen, no fence sitting, assume we won't beat Palace away and qualify for Europe in the same season - that we would greedy

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Seeing how tight it is at the top a 5-0 defeat AND qualifying for Europe means we must also have some pretty special results in the rest of the season to offset the damage. (Win at Chelsea, thrash Man U again at home, etc). So yes, no brainer. Happily take a defeat for the greater good.

EDIT Or win the FA Cup (if that gets us into Europe). Again a price I'll happily pay.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Beating Palace will easily happen again, if we were to lose on Saturday. Having this good a chance to qualify for Europe might not come around again for a very long time.
Can see where you are coming from but qualifying for Europe comes under “would be quite nice” for me. Beating Palace comes under ‘f*** YES”

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Beat Palace ALL DAY LONG!
I mean the rivalry's important, but come on! You sound like one of those Scots who'll take beating England over winning the World Cup!

It could be an age thing. I loved it when it was at its peak, but I also remember the days before the Palace rivalry. And frankly these days I hate the Big Six, their money and their entitled fans more than I hate Palace.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I mean the rivalry's important, but come on! You sound like one of those Scots who'll take beating England over winning the World Cup!

It could be an age thing. I loved it when it was at its peak, but I also remember the days before the Palace rivalry. And frankly these days I hate the Big Six, their money and their entitled fans more than I hate Palace.
Yes it could be an age thing but for me we don’t finish above them nearly often enough. I have a Palace mate and nothing is sweeter IMO than rubbing their noses in it. Doesn’t happen enough really. Hate doesn’t come into it. I do not want them relegated, for instance, I would miss the clashes. Europe is so far off my radar it hardly registers.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Beat Palace. You have to be careful what you wish for with Europe. Our squad isn't ready IMO. Yet.

Smashing Palace and finishing 8th would suit me if I'm being honest.
Whilst I agree that our current squad isn't quite ready for it, IMO you need to balance that against the circumstances of the division. Liverpool, Chelsea etc are not going to be struggling for ever. Newcastle are going to keep improving too. The position we find ourselves in now (both in terms of league position and the FA Cup being wide open with so many PL teams gone) might not come around again for a very long time.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The longer we're in the Premier League and being exposed to clubs like Chelsea the more I feel a kinship with Palace. We have much much more in common with #TeamsLikePalace than we do with other clubs, both in terms of size, fan demographics, ethos etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here