Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How far would you walk?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Needs a gilmour between Billy and Score. 😬
It works if you change the line to:
"just to be the man who'd walk a thousand miles to watch Billy Gilmour" but there's a slightly unnatural length to Billy (Biiii Lee Gilmour)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It works if you change the line to:
"just to be the man who'd walk a thousand miles to watch Billy Gilmour" but there's a slightly unnatural length to Billy (Biiii Lee Gilmour)
I think it's good if it ends with 'Gilmour', because he's not going to score enough for it to make sense ending in 'score'.

So:
"just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to watch our Billy Gilmour".

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think it's good if it ends with 'Gilmour', because he's not going to score enough for it to make sense ending in 'score'.

So:
"just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to watch our Billy Gilmour".
"Our Billy Gilmour" adds another syllable to the tune though. Needs to have six syllables in that line so it doesn't sound like you're cramming in extra words, as per below.

1 1 1 1 1 1
To fall down at your door
1 1 1 1 1 1
To watch Billy Gilmour

Drop the "our", have it end on Gilmour and it'll be rocking the Amex by the City game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Our Billy Gilmour" adds another syllable to the tune though. Needs to have six syllables in that line so it doesn't sound like you're cramming in extra words, as per below.

You might be right, but when sung I think Billy Gilmour is a lot shorter than it's 4 syllables - it doesn't sound right to match it with 'down at your door'. Sounds better to me with 'our' thrown in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here