Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How did YOU celebrate each goal?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quite a variety of celebrations for us.

Goal 1 - leap out of seat, jump, punch air, hug with son. We're actually in the lead!!
Goal 2 - double arms in air. Good penalty that.
Goal 3 - out of seat and nearly in the row in front while making exactly the same noise as 27,000 other people, a sort of high pitched scream crossed with a roar, perfectly replayed in the bar afterwards by @Fourteenth Eye . SHIT! Did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine!
Goal 4 - relaxed double fist pump. That's this game put to bed :moo:

You?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
If Milner's CURLER had gone in, I'd have lost my shit good and proper for that one, too.

Reactions: cjd

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Goal 1: tried to remember last time we took the lead
Goal 2: tried to remember last time we went 2-0 up
Goal 3: Stunned
Goal 4: Full on Eddie Howe smugness at game over

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was watching it at the home of a Spurs fan. And we had some beers - so cumulative alcohol intake.

1 - Muted sort of disbelief, but with comments like 'excellent - we'll only lose 3-1 now' (I had told him I was hoping we'd keep the GD down to -2).
2 - Laughter at the ridiculous shirt-pull, followed by an explanation of how JP never misses, followed by 'told you so - but still plenty of time for you to come back into this - we'll give you at least one soft goal'.

Half-time substitution 'what's this guy like? - well he's a lesser defender than Igor, but better at going forwards, so DeZerbi's not bothering with defence - he wants another goal'. 'We need another goal, 3-0 should be enough'.

3 - 'YES, YES, WHAT A F*CKING GOAL - F*CK YOU SPURS TOSSERS.....' followed quickly by: 'sorry mate, not you personally. Sorry mate's wife, didn't mean to disturb you upstairs. Sorry mate's wife's three cats - it's safe for you to come back in now'.
4 - 'He'll put it the other side this time. Told you. Haha'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 - Leaping around.
2 - This'll make it 2-0.
3 - (despite staring down the barrel of it) paralyzed in disbelief.
4 - 4-0.

Pedro's penalties take all the fun out of the game - get rid.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Sat with one of two cats on my lap night when Hinshelwood scored. Shouted yes aloud which spooked lap cat who jumped out of her skin, triggering cat 2 to run, knocking over & smashing a wine glass (new Christmas set may I add!) followed by her running into & knocking over a lamp.
On celebrating the 3rd goal in a similar manner, I'm asked not to celebrate too much as I scare the life out of the cats. 🤣
And to add with Estupians goal I was rather silenced with a continuous wow, omfg...

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Goal 1: Punched the night sky
Goal 2: Applause
Goal 3: Batshit mental
Goal 4: Applause

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
1st leapt like a blobfish
2nd stuart pearson arm pump
3rd up in the air cuddling people around me and losing remainder of my voice
4th hughton esque double light fist pump

For the young uns amongst you, here is said Pearson

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Interesting question as usually every goal scored in our house is usually greeted with mainstream limbs and fluffy slippers flying off in all directions,but last night for some reason it was very subdued until Estupinans thunderbolt,also I think the manager knew we needed at least 3 to win because he didn't really celebrate until the 4th went in which is very unusual for RDZ,he hinted at this in a post match interview saying we gave absolutely everything for 70 minutes so actually wasn't that upset about the last 20.

CaergybiGull

Aug 13, 2020
Caergybi, Ynys Môn
I have been enjoying the games on Prime blissfully free of commentary. Seeing us go 2 - 0 up (nearly 3 with Milner hitting the post nearly petrified the cat)

But. The downside is the audio from the crowd is discernible and when Joao Pedro got bundled over there was a stream of homophobic abuse hurled his way.

What is the matter with these people? Shame Buonanotte was offside…

Also, are they legacy numbers on the Spurs kit on the nape?

Have to say I still had some anxiety at 3 - 0... Spurs have too many good players to be complacent. And seeing the 2 late replies had me jittery but more terrific defending. Thought so many were brilliant - Dunky especially, (error aside). Loved how Carlos was when he came on, but agree with a comment elsewhere that he needs more of a run in the side to get a better balance. Will be better than Moises I reckon.

Best performance outside of their two goals for me.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Silently, as much as possible anyway. Shredded throat after cold, chesty thing and Palace away.

Though I continued my habit of celebrating each penalty scored as soon as JP strikes the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here