Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you that we can ride this injury crisis out

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think Clarke is on a 'shop window' loan rather than a development one. Ostigard a possibility I supposed - has had a short injury (back now unless he's injured again) but he's also been in and out recently after a good start. Van Hecke has also got himself into a place in a decent Championship side too.

Ostigard didn't play or make the bench yesterday so i assume he's injured (Sima was on the bench though). The West Brom season ticket holder at work has been very complimentary about Clarke. He can count himself unfortunate to have been so far down the queue as if he'd been showing that kind of form up front in the Championship he'd walk into the squad.

We've got that many on loan I have no idea who Van Hecke is.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We’ll be fine.

Duffy out for just 1 game.
Trossard is fine, a quote from his agent said he can probably play against Spurs.
Welbeck and Alzate are back in training.
Veltman’s injury was just that bloody nose so he’ll be fine too.
Spurs will be Burn and Veltman at CB which isn’t ideal but far from disaster if we have 2 holding midfielders in front.
It might be a tough couple of games but nothing more.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ostigard didn't play or make the bench yesterday so i assume he's injured (Sima was on the bench though). The West Brom season ticket holder at work has been very complimentary about Clarke. He can count himself unfortunate to have been so far down the queue as if he'd been showing that kind of form up front in the Championship he'd walk into the squad.

We've got that many on loan I have no idea who Van Hecke is.

Ostigard apparantly played a comeback match for the U23s (yesterday?). Van Hecke is playing CB for Blackburn, currently 4th. in the Championship, one point behind Clarke's WBA, and three places ahead of Ostigard's Stoke - he's fairly recently broken through, but seems to be doing OK in the Championship.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

We've got that many on loan I have no idea who the Hecke Van is.

Apoloigies, but have adjusted it because it was just sitting there crying out for the edit.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s actually somewhat comical that after all our moaning about stockpiling CBs over signing a striker, we’re now short at CB. For what it’s worth, I think we’ll struggle without Dunk and Webster, who are our best two. We get away with not scoring many because we don’t concede many. Not scoring many and conceding is rarely a good formula.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It’s actually somewhat comical that after all our moaning about stockpiling CBs over signing a striker, we’re now short at CB. For what it’s worth, I think we’ll struggle without Dunk and Webster, who are our best two. We get away with not scoring many because we don’t concede many. Not scoring many and conceding is rarely a good formula.

Agree with you, I think you can probably lose any combination of our CBs other than Dunk and Webster at the same time. Those 2 out together does weaken us no matter how you look at it. If one remains and others are out, reasonably confidence we cover it okay. Both of them out at the same time is a difficult one.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I was at Spurs vs Norwich on Sunday (got free hospitality tickets with work). Spurs didn't look great, the scoreline flattered them IMO. I still fancy us to get something against them if it goes ahead.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After 15 games in 2018/19 we were 10th with 21 points, 12 points clear of the bottom three. Our goal difference was one better too. We took only 15 points from the remaining 23 games, survived by two points, but that run cost Chris his job. This division is always very hard for all bar a few teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here