Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] How are you feeling?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hearing on the news that all males between 18 and 50 are being conscripted to the Ukranian army, and shipped to the front line, makes me very, very sad. My boys are 24 and 23. If we were there, I wouldn't expect to see them again.

I am worried that this will be the start of an escalation to the all out nuclear war that I expected at any time back in the 80s. It always seemed likely then, and I find it difficult to see how it will be avoided now, unless the West just lets Russia do their thing.

I have a sense of impending doom. It's hard to shake.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Angry about an unprovoked attack on a democratic nation
Anxious about where it all might go
Sad for the millions of Ukrainians who have had to flee their homes, seek shelter underground, or fight the invading troops with whatever they have to hand

It's the pictures of children looking scared on the underground that really hits me. And people down there with their pets. People like us, living in towns and cities like ours. It's just horrible.

Then I feel a glimmer of hope every now and then too: the incredibly brave resistance put up by the Ukrainians to slow the advance. The anti-war protests in Russia and Georgia with thousands arrested. The almost universal condemnation across the world.

I can't think of anything else to be honest, and it has - like COVID did - strengthened my sense of perspective. I just hope that the tide can be turned somehow and Russia's invasion starts to fall apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here