Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Hot Wax. New Sussex rock band

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Shameless plug for this up and coming Sussex based band.

They have been around festivals in the UK and Europe for the past couple of years and support Royal Blood on a USA Tour later on this year.

Good write-up on NME:

Can get their tunes on Spotify etc..

Dummer is my neighbours lad. Been listening to his practicing for the last 10+ years 😂

(Posted with Bozzas nod)

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

They have been around festivals in the UK and Europe for the past couple of years and support Royal Blood on a USA Tour later on this year.

Good write-up on NME:

Dummer is my neighbours lad. Been listening to his practicing for the last 10+ years 😂

(Posted with Bozzas nod)

Thanks for the heads up that the drummer is a bloke !!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thanks for the heads up that the drummer is a bloke !!

You would not be surprised that they had a few write ups which said that they were a trio of females. Really nice well behaved young lad tbh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good write-up on NME:

(Posted with Bozzas nod)

They’re really good. You drew the band member short straw with the neighbour though :lolol:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Good write-up on NME:

(Posted with Bozzas nod)

Dum, dum and dummer?

Jan 9, 2022
Fun fact about 10cc. Every time they had a #1 (3 times) it was with a different singer...

There's a strong scene in Brighton at the mo, band such as Lime Garden, Hutch, Opus Kink, Ideal Living... - Listen here

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I think I read they have Hastings / Rye connections. Hastings certainly seemed to be claiming them last time I was there

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think I read they have Hastings / Rye connections. Hastings certainly seemed to be claiming them last time I was there

Lead singer is from Hastings, other female guitarist is from Eastbourne (from memory) and drummer is definitely Shoreham born and raised.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
On the ‘cover’ of NME, for what it’s worth.

No shit! So strange seeing a lad you've known before he went to school, and see all the time on the front page of NME !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here