Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Hoodmaps Brighton

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It has our section of road as Uni - totally wrong not one student house either side of the road, utter bollox, not even funny or clever names to be honest,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly a lot of people or it wouldn’t be one of the most expensive areas in Sussex per square feet to live in !

Let me guess you live in Mayfair or South Kensington?
DFLs find it an improvement on London so have pushed the prices up.

No, I live in an area where I can see the Downs, and the river from my house, and only take a few minutes to get to the beach. My house value is half of that named in Peacehaven.
I'm no snob.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

No, I live in an area where I can see the Downs, and the river from my house, and only take a few minutes to get to the beach. My house value is half of that named in Peacehaven.
I'm no snob.
I genuinely didn’t think you could buy a house in Sussex for £200,000 .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

I'm no snob.

Although I don’t agree your house value has any connection with snobbery.

One of the most down to earth people I know lives in a 6 million pounds townhouse in Primrose Hill . She’s def not a snob just works hard and is super clever ,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Although I don’t agree your house value has any connection with snobbery.

One of the most down to earth people I know lives in a 6 million pounds townhouse in Primrose Hill . She’s def not a snob just works hard and is super clever ,
Search houses Newhaven £200K to £300K Zoopla

You obviously have never looked. As for working hard, the vast majority of us do.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Search houses Newhaven £200K to £300K Zoopla

You obviously have never looked. As for working hard, the vast majority of us do.
I’m just saying I’ve never seen a connection with snobbery and house price value . As for working hard , it often depends what you are working hard at . I think some of it is luck or opportunity and some is down to academic qualifications re the career you can go into ,

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
3 bedroom house for £450K in Gladys Avenue. You'd have to be 'rich' to afford that.
Perhaps, but Gladys Avenue isn't in the green bit. Compare with the prices in Downland Avenue and Ashington Gardens which are coloured as 'rich'.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Total made up bollocks, has an area near me as rich......probably from all the benefits they claim or the drugs they sell.
My road as hip? absolute crap....where's the grumpy arsehole option?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Total made up bollocks, has an area near me as rich......probably from all the benefits they claim or the drugs they sell.
My road as hip? absolute crap....where's the grumpy arsehole option?
Well if your garden isn't hip, then I don't know what is :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Prison for the tasteless is quite funny. Apparently I’m a can’t. Probably true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here