Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hodgson must have a season ticket at the Amex?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
You were watching a different game to me...all I remember from the first 30 minutes was Gerrard picking up the ball in front of his CB's and hitting it long for someone to chase. Route 1 football that was frustrating and poor, I switched off before half-time

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Jeez, England were static and poor. Midfielder taking the ball off toes of defenders, defence refusing to bring the ball forward for midfielders to make angles, no movement. The exact opposite of the Gus way of football. If Roy had a season ticket at the Amex, England would play alot better.

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Absolutely this, extremely poor and that includes the ref

Jeez, England were static and poor. Midfielder taking the ball off toes of defenders, defence refusing to bring the ball forward for midfielders to make angles, no movement. The exact opposite of the Gus way of football. If Roy had a season ticket at the Amex, England would play alot better.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I was at the game, from my view(behind the goal), it looked like we were trying to play the passing game but our passing was shocking...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was at the game, from my view(behind the goal), it looked like we were trying to play the passing game but our passing was shocking...

that.

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Also at the game but for a change very near the front (row 4), what was painfully obvious was the difference in basic ball control between England and Ukraine. Most Ukraine players received a pass and brought it instantly under control, so many of the England player's first touch was appalling, Milner particularly noticeable. We still miss so many basics from our football development.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Posted a tad too early. They certainly tried to play the Albion way but didn't have the individual players or collective nous to do it. Bar a few teams (San Marino, Luxembourg,Andorra,Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland to name a few) all the reast of World country sides just seem to be more skilful and assured on the ball.
The gap seems to be widening as well. Although I think Hodgson is right to try and play on the deck football.

TNBA

TTF

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
England are missing a Bridcutt. Someone who controls tempo, positioning and through whom all the play goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here