Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HMP Aylesbury - ITV

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My thing is the comments levelled by the officer:- '90% of prisoners just want to do their time and get out.
10% come here and disrupt everything, taking up all our time'.

Of those 10% how many of them are just using the system, because they just don't care and have very little to lose.

Hence the prospect of a concrete hell hole may be the wake up call they need.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
6 months in feltham, sounds stupid but when I left I prefered it in there than out here as you have a lot less to worry about.

Not that I am trying to make light of this fact and the closest I have come to prison is driving past HMP Lewes so I can't talk from experiance but 6 months in a young offenders is going to be very different to 6 years in a Cat A prison, for example. I can imagine that a lot of the people that are in prison probably have a difficult life on the outside so it probably is a relief to a certain extent but I think I would rather have my freedom to go to the pub or see my mates or just do anything that I felt like, when I wanted.

Anyway, back to my original point... I still dont think you can call prison 'easy'

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Not that I am trying to make light of this fact and the closest I have come to prison is driving past HMP Lewes so I can't talk from experiance but 6 months in a young offenders is going to be very different to 6 years in a Cat A prison, for example. I can imagine that a lot of the people that are in prison probably have a difficult life on the outside so it probably is a relief to a certain extent but I think I would rather have my freedom to go to the pub or see my mates or just do anything that I felt like, when I wanted.

Anyway, back to my original point... I still dont think you can call prison 'easy'

I agree with you there & I can only go with my experience in Feltham and not a Cat A prison, also what I class as easy other might class it as a living hell.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Apart from all the above, another point that crossed my mind was the pressure that the warders are under, the amount of staff per prisoner was ludicrous, women helping to sort out two huge guys knocking the snot out of each other. The stress of working there must be huge.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Back on.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
For all you know that 'poor fucker' might of been a rapist, child beater or a number of other things.

If he was then he would have been on a rule 43/segregation, commonly known as the nonces wing. Prison is much like life, if someone start on you, you fight like you are fighting for your life, when you do that the rest will leave you alone and move on to whoever else they think they can pick on. Saying that Feltham is worse than Belmarsh.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I know a couple of people who were in Feltham YO about 15 years ago, a picnic it certainly isn't. From what they said everyone in YO has a point to prove, want to fight the world and you are looking over your shoulder the whole time. They were running protection for the more vunerable inmates in return for fags and phonecards :lolol:
I imagine it's probably worse now if anything.

When they went to real prison (Lewis and somewhere else) they said most people just want to do their time and keep their head down.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Trust me, young offenders are worse for people who just want peace and quiet. CAT A's are people who just want to live it as peacefully as possible. I have spent time on remand in Belmarsh(total bullshite charge and released by the high court), I have known people who have been in Feltham and all of their descriptions/stories make it sound like hell on earth. Give me Belmarsh any day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Matey adding an extra 500+ days, shows the stupidity of the whole set up.

He doesn't care.
There's nothing the officers can do or say to change him/the situation.

Where does it end?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Good programme.

Some funny and very sad stories. That chav girl with the massive tits was quite buff. She said she just loved bad boys! The relationship won't work when he gets out. The heroin addict that self-harmed and tried to kill himself was tough to watch.

The one positive thing that the prisoners have got is they're young and they've got time to change. For some in there though they'll be in and out of jail most of their lives.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Good article. We are so backward in this country, it makes me sad. Some of the comments on this thread don't give me much hope either.

A good observation from that article:

"In [terms of] the law, being sent to prison is nothing to do with putting you in a terrible prison to make you suffer. The punishment is that you lose your freedom. If we treat people like animals when they are in prison they are likely to behave like animals."

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
How do any of you know how 'easy' prison is? Unless you have been there you would have no idea!

Just because you've seen something on TV that the producer of the show decided to let you see it doesnt mean that's what it's like.

This with bells on !
I am soon going to be working with offenders of a far far worse nature than these lads.
Some are abused when they are younger, some are very disturbed mentally and some taking drugs ( and before anyone says no one forces drugs down their throats ! You need to get rid of the dealers first that get these guys hooked on drugs when they hang around school gates giving taster wraps of smack to eight year olds , potentially your sons or daughters.
Show a bit of humility and compassion people before saying they are ALL scumbags . Yes there are a few who are just bad for bands sake but we shouldn't just give up on 18-21 year olds that easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here