Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hip Hop is 40 years old this week

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Michael Franti, bits of Wu Tang and Public Enemy.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Too many to mention. First Down, Gunshot, Wu, Tribe, Heltah Skeltah, Outkast, Nine, Devin the Dude...

[yt]bkZZo0XSm5s[/yt]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
yeah the old dizzee was dope mate, it was more garage than grime wasnt it. i used to love garage mc's like (yes i know) so solid, heartless and pay as you go etc. i remember listening to diz on pirate radio, then when his album dropped it had verses form them sets on there, was dope... you could say his album was the first step garage made into the grime scene

some of my favorite uk rappers dont hardly even rap anymore, klash, skinny, jehst and doc brown, thank god lowkey still does his thing.

Dizzee was Grime, No Garage in there really. would love for him to go back to trying to old stuff, but I guess that really wouldnt work now. but he shit all over the current crop of UK Hip Hop.

I went to a DJ EZ night recently at Audio, now that was boss. Garage was a weird one, stuck around only for a few years, but everyone seems to remember the tunes that it produced.

Doc Brown completely forgot about him. used to love his version of mad world, along with Taskforces correct English, would often listen to them back to back. Having a party this weekend, good excuse to bust these tunes back out.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Doc Brown completely forgot about him. used to love his version of mad world, along with Taskforces correct English, would often listen to them back to back. Having a party this weekend, good excuse to bust these tunes back out.

Party music? :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but 41 yr old Eminem's new album is well worth a listen. Life begins at 40!?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know this has got nothing to do with his music, but can Eminem actually sing?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know this has got nothing to do with his music, but can Eminem actually sing?

I don't know, but I often wonder if it's a Picasso like thing? I remember my Dad saying Picasso couldn't paint etc. and I showed him some of his early work which is amazingly realistic, like this painting of his mum.

Perhaps he can genuinely hold a tune!?

portrait-of-the-artist-s-mother-1896.jpg

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Hip Hop is 40 years old this week

And it's still (mostly) a load of old shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here