Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hey Jude and Sweet Caroline

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The club are leaving no space for fans to sing after the game. That's a shame but fair enough they want to create a party/upbeat mood even if it is all a bit Now That's What I Call A Soccer Celebration.
I fear we are counting down the day til the cardboard clappers arrive.
There's plenty of empty silence during the 90 minutes to fill, why do we need an extra 10 after the match?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The club are leaving no space for fans to sing after the game. That's a shame but fair enough they want to create a party/upbeat mood even if it is all a bit Now That's What I Call A Soccer Celebration.
1) It would be a start if they sang DURING the game.
2) Cardboard clackers were done – and universally panned – years ago!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Barbers got my money, he’s got his strong beliefs.
Barbers got my money he don't care about wet feet

Want more and more, people just want more and more,
Bottle tops what he's looking for
Want more and more, people just want more and more
Bottle tops what he's looking for

Freed from desire, bottled beverages purified

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Harmless fun, lets just enjoy these times. Times we'd never think we'd enjoy supporting Albion, still need to pinch myself...

The last 11 months have been transformative, literally everything coming together, almost as if Anthony Bloom had a strategic plan.

We’ve even kind of got use to revered players leaving, knowing the club aren’t concerned.

Last edited:

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
And another thing......

Good Old Sussex by the Sea lyrics aren't needed on the big screens if they are being displayed on the pitchside advertising boards.
(having them on the electronic advertising boards for the people that don't know the words is more discrete and looks less tinpot)
Everybody still wrongly sings "Good Old Sussex By the sea" at the start of the chorus instead of Oh Sussex, Sussex by the sea. The words are obviously very much still needed everywhere they can be.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Agree. I remember a game at Reading a few years ago- the ultimate Noddy club- and they played it about fifteen times that night.

Somebody suggested on Twitter earlier that if we want some upbeat EDM to end a game with, then Ecuador by Sash would fit the bill on so many levels, and I agree wholeheartedly.
Goodness Gracious me. Imagine us all doing those dance steps , Chaos!! I think I will give that a miss as at my age I am likely to fall over. I am ok with Desire and Caroline as they require a few hand movements.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Goodness Gracious me. Imagine us all doing those dance steps , Chaos!! I think I will give that a miss as at my age I am likely to fall over. I am ok with Desire and Caroline as they require a few hand movements.
It's fine. Just bob up and down a bit and wave your inflatable seagull.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ha, I remember that- they were claiming it was their 'newly-adopted club anthem' :ffsparr:

Glad they replaced it with the far superior:

This should never, ever be forgotten.

Here we are, debating about the same songs that most clubs chuck in at some point. And then you have Reading, who legitimately came up with this and tried to make it their club anthem. It's the greatest ever, by which I mean worst, but also funniest.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We need a celebratory song, easy to sing, something even the most pissed up brain dead supporter can remember, not a generic football song.

How about “Glad all over”?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm waiting for the day we hear goal music out of the blue... we're one step away from that now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm waiting for the day we hear goal music out of the blue... we're one step away from that now
I hope the whole stadium boos very loudly if that ever happens. I just hope it’s not Undav who scored if we do though :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like a Legends Chant incorporating ALL of the great songs of recent years, back to back, with the player faces changing on the big screen, i.e.: "Who's That Man From Argentine?" > "We've got Knockaert" > "Posh Spice is a Slapper" > "Tequila" > "That's Zamora" > "He Scores with his Face", "Oh Stevie Sidwell You Are The Love Of My Life" > "Wardy Wonderland"

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Forest sing Mull of Kintyre as it brings back memories of their greatest triumphs. We play Hey Jude, because we have been playing it at every F'ing game since the Amex opened. I have no problem with FanZone per se. It makes sense to play a bit of Fatboy Slim, but the lack of variety in the rest of the stuff, just grinds my gears.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
"Sweet Caroline" is just dreadful. Hey Jude is a great song but it's been done to death. There have literally been millions of songs written and performed over time, so with a little imagination people could come up with songs that really add to the Seagulls experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here