Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hedge trimmer

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cordless hedge trimmers are fine for nice little hedges. Big three metre high ones, well established and thick as Jack Grealish, a cordless one just won't cut it (literally) - I know, I've tried it. If for some reason you can't plug a mains-powered trimmer in, bite the bullet and get a petrol one.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I loved his work with the Wurzels.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cordless hedge trimmers are fine for nice little hedges. Big three metre high ones, well established and thick as Jack Grealish, a cordless one just won't cut it (literally) - I know, I've tried it. If for some reason you can't plug a mains-powered trimmer in, bite the bullet and get a petrol one.

Pruned various shrubs in excess of that height today and a 20 foot high conifer hedge with battery powered equipment with no issues…..mind you was ‘pro’ range ….I’ve got petrol equipment as well but it’s louder, heavier and smellier

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pruned various shrubs in excess of that height today and a 20 foot high conifer hedge with battery powered equipment with no issues…..mind you was ‘pro’ range ….I’ve got petrol equipment as well but it’s louder, heavier and smellier

Can't disagree with the 'louder, heavier and smellier' bit. I've got 15-20M of 8 fot high 3 foot thick 70 year old plus privet. Maybe 'pro' range might have made a dent. Off the peg B&Q or online cordless models gave up the ghost just looking at it - most of the cutting was actually done with the loppers when the trimmer just ground to a halt!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can't disagree with the 'louder, heavier and smellier' bit. I've got 15-20M of 8 fot high 3 foot thick 70 year old plus privet. Maybe 'pro' range might have made a dent. Off the peg B&Q or online cordless models gave up the ghost just looking at it - most of the cutting was actually done with the loppers when the trimmer just ground to a halt!

Can’t disagree with what you’ve said …as it’s part of my day to day work I’d only use pro stuff from Sthil and Husqvarna …the cordless stuff does about 90% …..I keep the petrol stuff for that 10%…and of course lopers etc
For me the advent of decent battery life and ‘pro’ machines has made life a bit easier ..just partly knackered rather than totally….this time of year for me is 95% pruning work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here