Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Heart of Football 1998 BHAFC documentary

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ahh. The Goldstone. Miss that old ground. Some great memories.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can learn as much as you want but you will never understand the shit we went through at the time.

Well I had some shit of my own at that time... but I get what you mean, obviously watching history is different from being in it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for posting [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]. Lived through and attended all those games but had never seen that before. There was a camaraderie then that made us all proud and determined to see whatever went down through to the bitter end. I know I expected it to end with the club folding and it’s impossible to put into words what coming back to Withdean and then moving to the Amex felt like.

Watching that brought a tear to my eye.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Puts the angst of EXPECTING a 25 million plus striker in the next couple of weeks into perspective....

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Wise words from David Mellor after 9 mins 15 secs.
That little interview is as relevant today as ever after the goings on at Bury, Bolton, Charlton and Wigan.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Who'd of thought, there was a young lad who watched the Albion in the North Stand that would eventually become the clubs eventual owner :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wise words from David Mellor after 9 mins 15 secs.
That little interview is as relevant today as ever after the goings on at Bury, Bolton, Charlton and Wigan.

John Baine made still relevant points too. We were blessed with the quality of the protest leaders :bowdown:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Was that the poorest game
Of football I have even seen. Lovely day though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thanks for posting [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] - it certainly brings back some memories. We should always be thankful for those people (some sadly no longer with us), who worked so hard for everyone during those awful years.

On a slightly more happier note, I did love the Goldstone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit harsh. True, but harsh nonetheless. If anybody is showing an interest in our club and it’s history then good for them.

Deffo - just so long as 'we' don't get lectured about what happened, in a couple of years time!!!!

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Great post, I loved watching that back. There's some really interesting points about the premier league and the value of clubs outside it, something everyone should reflect on given that we're at the other end of the spectrum.

John Baine's comments summed it up perfectly, "I'm a Brighton fan, I want them to be successful but I'll support them whether they are or not". It's worth reminding ourselves that the premier league isnt the be all and end all. Its the very fact that we have a club in our own town that we can follow is what matters.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not seen that one before. Impressive production values. Still they managed to make Peter Smith look like a world beater.

This is a long shot but does anyone have or remember a video from around that time (last season at Goldstone I think). Near the end it interviewed fans at the Eclipse. One fan (my brother) said something like "we needed to win and we won". I think it might have been a season review type video.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Puts the angst of EXPECTING a 25 million plus striker in the next couple of weeks into perspective....

And the disparaging comments about our recruitment team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here