Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have we taken a long goal kick yet?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I remember a few games ago we hadn’t done a single one. Is that still the case?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think so

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
We haven’t had any goal kicks, just goals or corners and the odd goal from corners.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't recall that at all. Must have been looking elsewhere!
I don't think he did.

There was one time he launched it up field, but that was after some Fannying Around At The Back™.

I remembered it distinctly because, when it happened, I thought "have we taken a long goal kick yet?"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think he did.

There was one time he launched it up field, but that was after some Fannying Around At The Back™.

I remembered it distinctly because, when it happened, I thought "have we taken a long goal kick yet?"
I'm glad. I was starting to think I'd lost the plot. I'm sure I would have noticed it.

Not sure where the stats are for this, someone posted them a few weeks ago so they must exist somewhere. Unless they have vanished like the non Albion threads? ;)

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Stats don’t account for when we pass it around the back a bit and then hit it long (which we do occasionally), so all a bit meaningless really.
like 90% of the "new" stats - totally meaningless, like the Xg table, or the win probability after 2 mins playing, or numerous other stats just made up to fuel the betting industry

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
like 90% of the "new" stats - totally meaningless, like the Xg table, or the win probability after 2 mins playing, or numerous other stats just made up to fuel the betting industry
Yes and no…….a lot are meaningless in isolation (like this one), and all are pretty useless without consideration of practical application from a coaching and ‘in the moment’ player perspective but wouldn’t dismiss 90% of new stats as meaningless - if they are, then Tony’s recruitment algos wouldn’t work for example. The stats usually start with the sports scientists - the betting industry adopt them where they see they can make a few quid. Not sure xg figures much in gambling (although I don’t really bet so not 100% sure).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
20231112_154458.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here