Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have we just signed a Dutch Winger?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Crysencio Summerville from Leeds!?​

Wasn't really on my radar as a player we were looking at but we do stay under most of the time. But heard we have agreed to sign him for around 30M? Joke from dodgey Leeds source or possible?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We've been linked but it feels like an odd one in terms of price and position (Fab hasn't been using wingers).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are the Leeds fans singing 'Don't leave me this way'?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Crysencio Summerville from Leeds!?​

Wasn't really on my radar as a player we were looking at but we do stay under most of the time. But heard we have agreed to sign him for around 30M? Joke from dodgey Leeds source or possible?

£30m? No bloody chance at all. So far from our model and how we operate that it's a joke. Yes we paid £30+m for Pedro, but that's for a proven goal scorer which carries a hefty premium.

The last one before that over £20m was Webbo just after the Boer War I think it was.

Media BS imo. Some young Ecuadorian, or African or Brit/Irish for thruppence hapenny

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
£30m? No bloody chance at all. So far from our model and how we operate that it's a joke. Yes we paid £30+m for Pedro, but that's for a proven goal scorer which carries a hefty premium.

The last one before that over £20m was Webbo just after the Boer War I think it was.

Media BS imo. Some young Ecuadorian, or African or Brit/Irish for thruppence hapenny
Baleba, Mwepu and Jahanbakhsh were all more expensive than Webster. Verbruggen and Osman cost just a little bit less, our next two most expensive signings in the list after Webster.

Baleba, Verbruggen and Osman are all examples of how we are perhaps now operating in a different market than before, and how this rather seems to have gone under the radar. Like you, I would have pointed out Pedro as a proven goal scorer who we splashed out on, and then looked back at the Webster and Mwepu fees as the last big expenses. And yet thats £55m combined on two 19-year olds and a 20-year old in the last 12 months and it doesn't really register in many people's minds.

Summerville is exactly the same age as Pedro, has the same pedigree as Pedro as when we signed him, I can certainly see that we'd be in the market for him at £30m. He scored 21 goals last season in the championship, Pedro only scored 11 in the season before we bought him. But there's bigger fish than us in the race to sign him.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Baleba, Mwepu and Jahanbakhsh were all more expensive than Webster. Verbruggen and Osman cost just a little bit less, our next two most expensive signings in the list after Webster.

Baleba, Verbruggen and Osman are all examples of how we are perhaps now operating in a different market than before, and how this rather seems to have gone under the radar. Like you, I would have pointed out Pedro as a proven goal scorer who we splashed out on, and then looked back at the Webster and Mwepu fees as the last big expenses. And yet thats £55m combined on two 19-year olds and a 20-year old in the last 12 months and it doesn't really register in many people's minds.

Summerville is exactly the same age as Pedro, has the same pedigree as Pedro as when we signed him, I can certainly see that we'd be in the market for him at £30m. He scored 21 goals last season in the championship, Pedro only scored 11 in the season before we bought him. But there's bigger fish than us in the race to sign him.

I stand corrected. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here