Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have we all calmed down yet?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I’m slipping into a resigned but calm feeling of yet another relegation fight but do wonder if we will succumb to the drop this year. The frustration in seeing the same faults repeating themselves every game at critical points is depressing and something that neither the players or management team seem able to rectify. The inability to convert very good scoring opportunities or defend simple balls into the box is a worryingly persistent characteristic of a team that has become the mirror image of the manager; nice but a bit bland. We got rid of players who showed passion, grit and ‘game management’ capabilities (I understand why Murray, Stephens and Duffy were jettisoned) and i worry whether there’s anyone with sufficient fight or experience for yet another battle at the wrong end of the table.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
God you’re a miserable bunch. Can’t see where the next win is coming from? We’ve just drawn 4 of our last 6 games against teams at both ends of the division; our next win is no more than a deflected long shot or a world-class save away. It’s not like we’ve just lost 3-0 playing against 10 men for half the match.

[emoji122][emoji122]

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Re .whosthedaddy’s post above. Yes, I care less about results now because I don’t expect to get one. Now going into a game it is with a feeling of resignation that the best I will see is a decent performance and a draw or defeat. Yesterday was just that .
There is a danger though, if a lot feel the same way, and being locked out of the games.... will the fans want to go back in the same numbers?

I’ve had similar concerns and the fact that GP seems unlikely to change approach to wanting new signings and all at the club seem happy with the situation every game feels like Groundhog Day with no end in sight.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Very calm all game. Knew how we were going to play. Knew we wouldn't hold either lead. Knew we wouldn't defend crosses and set pieces. Knew we would play a lot of harmless football in front of them. Knew Bissouma would be immense. Knew that Trossard would flatter to deceive. Knew I would be frustrated again, so just chilled out and let it happen. One thing about football under Potter is that its very predictable.

My worry is that it's gone on for so long that it's become the norm and it's now how the players feel, too. It's a long time since we were last relegated, I don't remember what it feels like, but maybe this is how it manifests? Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m so calm I’m bored senseless.

Wish I’d gone for a nice walk instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Very calm all game. Knew how we were going to play. Knew we wouldn't hold either lead. Knew we wouldn't defend crosses and set pieces. Knew we would play a lot of harmless football in front of them. Knew Bissouma would be immense. Knew that Trossard would flatter to deceive. Knew I would be frustrated again, so just chilled out and let it happen. One thing about football under Potter is that its very predictable.

My thoughts exactly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here