Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have Iceland got it right?

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This was on the BBC website recently as well.

Using up holidays and taking advantage of BH's I've recently had nearly 3 months of 4 day weeks. Kept up with work no problem, got loads of jobs at home done, AND had a bit of down time. It's definitely the way forward!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not normally, no.

But they did have some Surf Tropical Lily washing capsules at half price.
That certainly livened up my washing machine.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
But unless there was overwhelming, indisputable evidence that it genuinely did improve productivity, businesses would never allow it.

Agreed, but maybe some of the smaller more progressive start ups might buy into it

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
But unless there was overwhelming, indisputable evidence that it genuinely did improve productivity, businesses would never allow it.

Agreed, but maybe some of the smaller more progressive start ups might buy into it.

Double post

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
trail of 2500 people, presumably self-selecting, motivated, is deemed a success.
not sure it would it translate here, change work patterns, have people to pick up the slack where necessary.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Cutting hours isn't a new idea. I work 36.25 hours with 34 days holiday. When I started, it was 36.25 hours with 28 days holiday.. At my place just before I started, it was 40 hours. My Dad worked 44. My Granddad worked 60 with 11 days holiday. My great-granddad worked 72 hours per week with days off on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. (That was in the 1870's.)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here