Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has there ever been a better time than right now to be an Albion fan?..

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Is this for you the best it’s ever been?...

Is your Albion mojo at the highest point in your time watching the club?

For me, I have to say yes, yes it is.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I expect fans who were around for our only FA Cup run to a final might say that period was the best for them and their era.

That was the one single moment in our more modern history that we actually had a chance to win one of the games most storied prizes.

For younger fans I'd say yes now is the best time ever.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While I'm loving the season let's not get to carried away, we have recently lost at home to Villa and Arsenal and been knocked out the League Cup by Charlton.
The squad has huge potential but a bit early to say the best.
A few players from 1983 I would love in our current squad. Foster at Centre Half, Robinson up top and even Moseley in goal.
We are close to something great but I feel we are still work in progress.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The Cup Final time was simply magical.

Newcastle, City and arguably the best team in the world at that time in Liverpool fell to us.

Then a nervy packed Goldstone for Norwich, the neutral ground of Highbury and finally Wembley underdogs with goals and drama.

Obviously the relegation that season was far from ideal, but it wasn't so critical back then without the TV money.

Away from the then Big 5, it was possible for sides like Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa to lift the biggest European trophies.

All of that said and with all those memories, now is IMHO the best time week-in, week-out to be a Brighton fan.

Let's enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The semi-final win against Sheffield Wednesday was monumental, on the train back to Brighton despite being only 19 I felt life could not get better.

When we finally won at Sheffield Wednesday away on the tram back one of their fans about my age at the time said it broke his heart losing to us at Highbury.

Queueing up to get into Wembley for the City semi-final there were two fans I know a lot younger than me, I said to them remember this it may possibly happen only once in your lifetime.

It is probable though, given how football has changed so much over 40 years, this really is as good as it gets.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
There is no doubt that BHA are playing their best quality football ever. It is a wonderful time to be addicted to them.

I'm not sure that there is ever an individual best moment to be supporting them. Every big goal, big result, or promotion creates exhilaration whatever level the team is at. I was at both the games when we secured promotion to the top division and I can't really choose which one was a bigger achievement or which one gave me the most joy.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
First Albion game I saw was dragged along by a STH, Championship 0-0 vs. Blackpool who were bottom of the league, the worst game I have ever watched.

We are SOMEWHAT better these days... :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I remember bumping into an Albion fan I vaguely knew in a pub a few years ago (maybe Championship promotion season). We both agreed we were enjoying things at the moment, but they didn't quite compare historically to those magical years between 1976 and 1979. The phrase one of us used was something along the lines of 'Wherever it goes from here, it doesn't really matter. We'll always have the Seventies'.

In many years to come, I think a lot of fans will be saying 'We'll always have the Twenties'.

It may not last forever, but the foreseeable future is as bright as our away kit.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think the difference between now and the late 70s/early 80s period is there does seem to be long term planning in place that you would hope would mean we wouldn't fall quite so far again.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m 65 and started at The Goldstone with my Dad in the late 1960s. No question for me this is the best time ever. It’s mainly about the quality of the football against top-level opposition. When the Cup Draw was being made yesterday the only teams I really didn’t want were City and maybe Arsenal as I think we have a good enough chance in every game. Of course it goes wrong now and again eg Villa in November but most games we’re in with a shout and playing great football. I really hope we keep Alexis and Moises as I think anything is possible at present!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I expect fans who were around for our only FA Cup run to a final might say that period was the best for them and their era.

That was the one single moment in our more modern history that we actually had a chance to win one of the games most storied prizes.

For younger fans I'd say yes now is the best time ever.
There is some truth in that. Personally it was my favourite era, but that's more because I was young and I went to all the games home and away in the 'Glory Years' as we used to call them. It was all new, not just for me but the the club itself was breaking new ground. As Kevo mentioned above I will 'always have the 70s'.

But I have no hesitation in saying that this current era knocks all that into a cocked hat. It is superior in every way - apart from that never-to-be-forgotten Cup run. Please God we can go that one step further this time and actually win something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here