Then we never will. This is THE window to invest
Spot on.

If we don't make 4 or 5 ready to play player purchases THIS summer, given;

1. Our very healthy FFP position.
2. Many clubs need to sell to avoid points deductions
3. The clear need to strengthen in some key areas
4. Roberto wants to see TB's ambition

I can't see a 4 or 5 ready to play Premier league signings even with our big profits last year. There is no way Tony will go gung ho in 1 transfer window and risk it as its not our model. I think we'll have a nice pool of players available to buy at reasonable prices with the ffp restrictions other clubs have and guessing a couple of transfer record fees(for us) this summer after letting a few go freeing up wages and getting modest fees.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"To his liking" meaning that he is happy with said signings not, Roberto's say so signings lol. Yes, stick with the algorithms and NOT the likes of Dahoud and Fati which haven't worked well!
Fati and Dahoud are both very talented footballers, regardless of what they gave us this season. Chelsea fans think Cucurella and Caicedo are shit, or at least, they did.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can't see a 4 or 5 ready to play Premier league signings even with our big profits last year. There is no way Tony will go gung ho in 1 transfer window and risk it as its not our model.
I don't either, unless a number of players fit the Veltman model, i.e., cost peanuts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t think he wants to be judged by his performance this season.
unless the unlikely has happened and we've actually won.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we don't make 4 or 5 ready to play player purchases THIS summer, given;

1. Our very healthy FFP position.
2. Many clubs need to sell to avoid points deductions
3. The clear need to strengthen in some key areas
4. Roberto wants to see TB's ambition

Absolutely no chance at all unless 2 or 3 of those are Welbeck-type out of contract signings. 4 or 5 at ‘normal‘ fees would be well north of £100m. Couple of Dannys plus 2 at 20-30m, perhaps.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A couple in such as Neiss Nelson of Arsenal or Iling Junior of Juve for our winger vacancy.
In midfield you’d think we should have a chance of Dewsbury- Hall, and if we can’t secure him then an equivalent quality midfielder.
Maybe this left back from Spain.
Think that’s all it would need with injured players returning.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A couple in such as Neiss Nelson of Arsenal or Iling Junior of Juve for our winger vacancy.
In midfield you’d think we should have a chance of Dewsbury- Hall, and if we can’t secure him then an equivalent quality midfielder.
Not sure we have a winger vacancy? Assuming all fit, we have March, Mitoma, Adingra, Ibrahim Osman incoming, and Barco, Lamptey, Moder, Enciso can all do a reasonable job on the wing if needed.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
Hopeless buying Arsenal players from England they dont have enough of them. Sell Nelson or Smite Rowe and they need to pay £50m to get equal quality English player also wages bound to be high

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The talk of cheap transfer deals on senior players because of other clubs' FFP positions overlooks the wages disparity. Our star players have left, not because of some selling model that the media have hung around Tony's neck, but because Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham pay them multiple times what we can. Home grown players that these teams need to shift for FFP reasons will either be looking for, or already on those wages. Colwill for instance signed a new Chelsea contract and immediately ceased to be an affordable option for us.

The likes of Forest and Everton who are in immediate need of offloading may be more realistic, but those two are already paying, on average higher wages than us. Were we interested in players like, just for example, Branthwaite, we'd also be in competition with other clubs willing to pay far more. Players like KDH from the Championship may be an option, as Joao Pedro was, but we're not going to be picking up 4 or 5 senior EPL players without wrecking our salary cap. Expect to see more unknowns from lesser known leagues. The wages and opportunity we can offer them are life changing.

It will be interesting to see whether the issues across the European Leagues will finally burst the wages bubble, but if Saudi Arabia remains a huge paying option, it's not going to be happening soon.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The talk of cheap transfer deals on senior players because of other clubs' FFP positions overlooks the wages disparity. Our star players have left, not because of some selling model that the media have hung around Tony's neck, but because Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & Tottenham pay them multiple times what we can. Home grown players that these teams need to shift for FFP reasons will either be looking for, or already on those wages. Colwill for instance signed a new Chelsea contract and immediately ceased to be an affordable option for us.

The likes of Forest and Everton who are in immediate need of offloading may be more realistic, but those two are already paying, on average higher wages than us. Were we interested in players like, just for example, Branthwaite, we'd also be in competition with other clubs willing to pay far more. Players like KDH from the Championship may be an option, as Joao Pedro was, but we're not going to be picking up 4 or 5 senior EPL players without wrecking our salary cap. Expect to see more unknowns from lesser known leagues. The wages and opportunity we can offer them are life changing.

It will be interesting to see whether the issues across the European Leagues will finally burst the wages bubble, but if Saudi Arabia remains a huge paying option, it's not going to be happening soon.
Also with profits announced if I owned the selling club I’m not selling to Brighton on the cheap. It’s a double edged sword the bargains will be no more..

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
As others have said the season ended when we got thumped in Rome. The European tour was, let’s face it, what everyone was looking forward to.

The premier league campaign after September never really got any momentum. I can’t actually remember us stringing a decent run together.

RDZ’s recent press conferences seem to have been quite negative and that negativity seems to have gone all the way through the squad and into our performances.

Whilst I can’t see us picking up many more points with our run in, I’m sure when we look back at this season, we won’t remember Burnley away, but will look back on the big European games instead.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think we need a bigger refresh than this. Lallana needs to retire (I’d like to see Milner do so too though I don’t think he will). Fati and Dahoud will go. I think we’ll sell Webster. As harsh as it sounds, I think injuries have robbed Lamptey of the explosive pace that made him dangerous and I don’t see where he fits - he’s a makeshift winger and not good enough to play RB. Jury is out on whether Moder can reach the level required. That’s 5-7 squad places.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think we need a bigger refresh than this. Lallana needs to retire (I’d like to see Milner do so too though I don’t think he will). Fati and Dahoud will go. I think we’ll sell Webster. As harsh as it sounds, I think injuries have robbed Lamptey of the explosive pace that made him dangerous and I don’t see where he fits - he’s a makeshift winger and not good enough to play RB. Jury is out on whether Moder can reach the level required. That’s 5-7 squad places.
Lallana really looked like he was running in concrete yesterday it was quite amusing. Was like watching a cartoon character it actually made me laugh.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If the club discounts the breakthrough of Hinshelwood, reneges on the agreement to bring Ibrahim Osman in, can't keep Undav, forgets that Fati was loaned in to replace injured Enciso, and doesn't have any other academy players to push upwards.
I think the club will make 2 big purchases, £25M to £40M each, and a few that might make the step up in 12 months time, or sooner if we are lucky.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the club discounts the breakthrough of Hinshelwood, reneges on the agreement to bring Ibrahim Osman in, can't keep Undav, forgets that Fati was loaned in to replace injured Enciso, and doesn't have any other academy players to push upwards.
I think the club will make 2 big purchases, £25M to £40M each, and a few that might make the step up in 12 months time, or sooner if we are lucky.
Yep.

The squad will have 10-15 Albion players already on the books, arriving for preseason, eager to fill the 5-7 squad player positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here