Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the club got the message on cheap seats?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
While I absolutely hate attendance based pissing contests - More Derby fans came to Brighton than vice versa last year, which proves absolutely nothing, but there you go....

Derby (city and unitary authority, which includes the county) has an almost identical population to B&H city and unitary authority (around 270-280k). But I would expect Brighton to have a significantly bigger support base due to the lack of other league teams in the immediate proximity. There are several big teams in E Midlands and South Yorks area. On that basis alone (i.e. not taking account of club histories, and the relative income levels of the two areas), I'd expect Brighton's home and away support to be bigger than Derby's

derby (city and unitary authority, which includes the county) has an almost identical population to b&h city and unitary authority (around 270-280k). But i would expect brighton to have a significantly bigger support base due to the lack of other league teams in the immediate proximity. There are several big teams in e midlands and south yorks area. On that basis alone (i.e. Not taking account of club histories, and the relative income levels of the two areas), i'd expect brighton's home and away support to be bigger than derby's

i think the fact that derby don't have to travel as far as us should help away attendances???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It was Derby fans who got masses of tickets for our game at Chesterfield in 2000 that led to the formation of the Away Members Scheme.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
While I absolutely hate attendance based pissing contests - More Derby fans came to Brighton than vice versa last year, which proves absolutely nothing, but there you go....
This. We currently get great crowds at The Amex that are largely fairweather football fans attracted by the amazing stadium. Our away support is very average in the Championship and it is ridiculous that we sneer at teams bringing around 1,000 to The Amex when we take even fewer to the return fixture...

Jimmy Grimble

This. We currently get great crowds at The Amex that are largely fairweather football fans attracted by the amazing stadium. Our away support is very average in the Championship and it is ridiculous that we sneer at teams bringing around 1,000 to The Amex when we take even fewer to the return fixture...

Without wanting to get embroiled in this, our average away following was the 5th best in The Championship last season and is about the same mark again this year. So on that count you're wrong. We were also above Derby in that table, but that's not to say their away support is poor.

Not to mention we probably have the most travelling to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here