Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone raised the question what would have happened if Fernandes had hit the woodwork?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They've said the play ended with the penalty kick itself. Post, bar, save and the game is over, regardless of what happens to the rebound.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They've said the play ended with the penalty kick itself. Post, bar, save and the game is over, regardless of what happens to the rebound.
This, except that Hoops would then whisper in Kavanagh's ear, "I think Ryan moved - take a good look at it on the monitors, and I'm sure you'll see it should be retaken. There's a good lad."

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
3 points to Man Utd, box infringement by Dunk, red card 3 match ban for daring to suggest the Ref made a mistake.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

If that were the case surely the whistle should have blown before the ball crossed the line ? i.e. as soon as the ball was kicked. Now that would have been funny !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What if Ryan was off his line and saved it. Would there have been time to VAR it and retake it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He doesn’t do hitting woodwork

429A690A-9165-400E-B16A-9AC548A45AF1.jpeg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Fernandes does get on the pitch on Wednesday it's worth bringing Cullip or Rougvie or some other hard nut we've had from the past out of retirement to do a job on him

Bernardo could do a job on him BEFORE the match, like he did with Andone

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here