Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has anyone got Covid from the football?

Yoda

English & European
That was the Mrs's fault, she was banging on about our last holiday while I was typing.
November 2020 was my first Covid.

Hasn't coronavirus been about for eternity though? I know the Wuhan one is what kicked all this off, but I'm sure I had heard of coronavirus before all of this.

In Italy last summer, they retested blood samples from cancer patients and found traces of the virus/antibodies (can't remember which) that we from samples dated as far back as early September 2019

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
In Italy last summer, they retested blood samples from cancer patients and found traces of the virus/antibodies (can't remember which) that we from samples dated as far back as early September 2019

I was really ill when I came back from Italy (Sorrento) late 2019. Hacking cough that lasted about a month, high temperature but felt constantly cold, dizzy, shortness of breath. But as discussed before, it was before everything was made common knowledge so who knows? Obviously wasn't tested for anything as I just thought it was a really bad cold/flu. My stepdaughter caught whatever it was from me, her cough lasted about 6 weeks but her other symptoms were mild.

I'm not feeling that bad at the moment, annoying cough but seems to be subsiding. The weirdest part is the lack of taste and smell. Good seems so pointless when you can't enjoy it and apparently I dropped the worst fart ever the other day and I wasn't able to bask in the glory, such an empty victory.

How new are the 'new tests'? I got my tests kits about month ago and still need to put the swabs down my throat.

Would my test kits be the new kind? ???

Ive just ordered some more from NHS website anyway.

The variety that come in green boxes no longer require you to prod around your tonsils which I find most unpleasant. Just shove the swab up your nose and the rest of thd process is much the same.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The variety that come in green boxes no longer require you to prod around your tonsils which I find most unpleasant. Just shove the swab up your nose and the rest of thd process is much the same.

Ugh, Ive just received the kit that I ordered Friday from the NHS website and the box is the same (blue) and requires the tonsil probe :down:

Are the new tests called The Orient Gene devices?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
There was a couple of cases on the coach I got to Burnley but a subsequent PCR test proved negative.

So you, someone who has spent the last 18 months, criticising the government whilst at the same time being one of the biggest advocates of the lockdowns and restrictions, got on a coach with lots of other people and went to a football match.
Brilliant
You couldn’t make it up !

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I caught a cold at the Watford game and got pinged by the nhs app. Test was negative though but I missed everton game as still had the cold and was waiting for test Result. I’ve been double jabbed.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
So you, someone who has spent the last 18 months, criticising the government whilst at the same time being one of the biggest advocates of the lockdowns and restrictions, got on a coach with lots of other people and went to a football match.
Brilliant

Duplicate.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Brilliant

I have been critical of the government's handling of the pandemic when I felt I had to but actually agreed with every phase of restrictions being lifted apart from the last lot not mandating masks in enclosed public spaces. Sorry for bringing nuance to an argument that doesn't fit into your black and white view of matters.

Yes, I got on a coach and attended a football match after government restrictions were lifted and it was allowed. Is there any other perfectly legally activity you wish to pick me up on?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I have been critical of the government's handling of the pandemic when I felt I had to but actually agreed with every phase of restrictions being lifted apart from the last lot not mandating masks in enclosed public spaces. Sorry for bringing nuance to an argument that doesn't fit into your black and white view of matters.

Yes, I got on a coach and attended a football match after government restrictions were lifted and it was allowed. Is there any other perfectly legally activity you wish to pick me up on?

Fair enough, I just find your stance extremely hypocritical considering your views and comments, clearly you weren’t all that bothered about the virus and your comments were just for show, because surely you wouldn’t put yourself and loved ones in such danger by getting onto a coach full of potential covid cases to go to bloody Burnley of all places !

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ugh, Ive just received the kit that I ordered Friday from the NHS website and the box is the same (blue) and requires the tonsil probe :down:

Are the new tests called The Orient Gene devices?

Yes, they're Orient Gene Biotech.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I find this argument a little strange. You have to do your own risk assessment not passively wait for the Government to do it for you. I would have thought anyone critical of the Government would be even more motivated in this regard. I don’t agree with opening up with no restrictions or masks etc therefore am restricting (‘perfectly legal’) activities and changing routines for others to make it safer.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Fair enough, I just find your stance extremely hypocritical considering your views and comments, clearly you weren’t all that bothered about the virus and your comments were just for show, because surely you wouldn’t put yourself and loved ones in such danger by getting onto a coach full of potential covid cases to go to bloody Burnley of all places !

On the back of this exchange I find you unable to follow a nuanced argument and unwilling to see there is a grey area between locking our doors and not going out again or dropping all restrictions at once.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I find this argument a little strange. You have to do your own risk assessment not passively wait for the Government to do it for you. I would have thought anyone critical of the Government would be even more motivated in this regard. I don’t agree with opening up with no restrictions or masks etc therefore am restricting (‘perfectly legal’) activities and changing routines for others to make it safer.

I decided on the balance of risk it was safe for me to go but i would still prefer the mandating of wearing masks in enclosed public spaces.

Not really sure that is too difficult to reconcile.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
On the back of this exchange I find you unable to follow a nuanced argument and unwilling to see there is a grey area between locking our doors and not going out again or dropping all restrictions at once.

Well as we now know, restrictions were not all “dropped at once” it was gradual over a period of months, correct me if I’m wrong but you were a huge advocate of WFH and stated a number of times that you would like this to be permanent, so you didn’t have to mix with lots of people in your office, and yet the bus to Burnley didn’t worry you, and clearly nor do football stadiums.
Hypercritical? Very much so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here