Has anyone a DAB Radio in their car?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I keep getting mails asking me to get one and wonder if the reception is any good.

If it is anything like the one we have at home, its a bit hit and miss.

Cheers

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I have the factory fitted BMW one. Reception around Brighton and London is very good. Crystal clear and good choice of stations etc. Only downside is the system I have is not very user friendly and pretty fiddly, but I'm sure there is much better aftermarket ones out there.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've got one and it is very good (Ford factory fitted). I've not noticed any black spot areas and I've had it 2 years now - very reliable.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I have the factory fitted one in my passat, very impressed with it. Loads of stations to look at, and 5 live sounds so much better.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I have one Dave.
There are some blackspots around (mostly away from towns) but it all depends on the stations - BBC seems to be better than some of the lesser stations.
It's great having a much wider choice, listening to Smooth Radio Xmas a bit this time of year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, had it three years got better in the 18 months and now very good, funny dead spot in the middle of Arundel, but that's not just DAB!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I haver a factory fitted one in my A5, its excellent especially for Talksport and 5 Live, but as others have said there are a number of blackspots where you lose signal altogether.

It seems to perform better in the North of the country for some reason.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
We have an S3 and factory fit wasn't available, is it possible retro fit DAB in to this or indeed any car? Car radios always confuse me on that front, Aren't the gaps like different shapes and stuff?

Did try one of those Pure sets, but you end up with cables everywhere and not great coverage.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thanks guys. Chandlers want £300 to supply and fit one and all i tend to listen to on my way to and back from work is 5 live , so if that works fine, then I will ask father christmas

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
thanks guys. Chandlers want £300 to supply and fit one and all i tend to listen to on my way to and back from work is 5 live , so if that works fine, then I will ask father christmas

Get a quote from Huets too

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
will do thanks

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
factory fit in our Seat and it makes listening to 5live so much more pleasurable :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports