Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Happy Thanksgiving

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To all my fellow NSC'ers I would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving, one of the great days of the year. Mrs Crod will be carving the bird this evening after I've given it a good roasting.

Also great excitement that after today we have Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday and Wishful Wednesday to come.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As tittersome as this is, and frankly I've just split my sides again, I'm going to have to agree.

Working for a US company, this and tomorrow are probably the only days when I don't have shitloads of meetings filling my afternoon and evening. Couple of decent NFL games later too :thumbsup:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
200w.gif

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I haven't got a clue about Thanksgiving or what it is. All I know is that a turkey once pardoned Donald Trump.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I haven't got a clue about Thanksgiving or what it is. All I know is that a turkey once pardoned Donald Trump.
American oddballs celebrating their sky fairy a month from Christmas as far as I can tell. Then spending a day queuing and brawling with each other over discounted TVs

Shrugs GIF

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
To all my fellow NSC'ers I would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving, one of the great days of the year. Mrs Crod will be carving the bird this evening after I've given it a good roasting.

Also great excitement that after today we have Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday and Wishful Wednesday to come.
You missed Mass Slaughter Sunday School

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you have time I thoroughly recommend Stan Freberg's "The History of the United States of America (Part 1 - the Early Years)". It was made in 1961 and it's an irreverent re-telling of the history of the USA in sketches and comic songs. Freberg is very much a forgotten genius in my book. He covers the first Thanksgiving in this sketch: which lampoons Tokenism before it was even a thing.

If you have time the whole album is an utter joy, it's among my favourite records of all time. You can listen to it here:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As tittersome as this is, and frankly I've just split my sides again, I'm going to have to agree.

Working for a US company, this and tomorrow are probably the only days when I don't have shitloads of meetings filling my afternoon and evening. Couple of decent NFL games later too :thumbsup:
I'll be spending it giving the better half a good servicing and watching the greatest Thanksgiving film ever made...

61B+kekS7FL._SL1000_.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep, Michigan style Thanksgiving meal waiting for me when I get home tonight, I have volunteered to work late.
Hopefully she will be asleep when I get home.

1: They did not discover America.
2: They killed nearly all the natives and stole their land.
3: Apart from that, I like America and most of it's inhabitants, they have given the world a lot to be thank full for.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Thanksgiving was last month. Those Americans need to keep up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here