Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Happy Fridat!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
On the Dark Beers front I went into London to do a Seminar with three of my Faculty of Occupation Medicine students today.

On way back through Victoria missed my first train to Billingshurst so had to kill half an hour at the Wetherspoons.

One of my favourite dark beers was on sale (Nethergate Old Growler) so managed a couple.

On my return Mrs Jakarta had prepared Venison Sausage and Mash so a bottle of Malbec was opened and is now well on its way to being emptied. An early night beckons...

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Happy Pickling Pickles ! The Citra / APA thing was mentioned I think by one of our regular Fridat nighters, supermarkets don't brew beer but they get brewers to brew for them and the only recognition they get is deep in the small print usually. Morrisons have bucked this trend by putting the brewer on the front of the label which is nice, as I recall the Morrisons IPA is brewed by Marstons and that is probably sold by another name by Marstons although it's probably the same beer !

Yes, I'm fully aware. A few years ago, ( they may still do it, I really don't know ), Tesco finest double IPA was actually Brewdog Hardcore double IPA ,
Tesco and Brewdog go back a long way though, and I guess are preferred customers, which is bang on, seeing as Tesco gave the boys the shelf space initially.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had a nice pint at lunchtime in the Jerusalem Tavern. :whistle:

With a sandwich made from bread “sourced from St John’s bakery”. Can’t have everything, I guess. :whistle:

I just hope your pint was served in a suitable receptacle :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was Brewdog Mitte’s 3rd birthday party tonight. A great evening. It will be a tough call to name all the beers but I had a cracking Brut IPA and some lovely stouts plus a couple of classics in Punk IPA and a Jackhammer.

How come Brut IPA’s never took off as much as, say, New England IPAs?

Now chilling with a Berliner Berg pilsner and salt and vinegar crisps; living alright!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I love dark beers at this time of year.

I should probably stick this on the official middle aged craft beer thread, but has anyone else had any Sussex Small Batch Stouts?

Superb beers, all stouts, in a variety of styles, for example Tiramisu, Reeces Pieces Peanut Butter and a Mocha white Stout that I had after the game on Saturday from the Bottle and Jug offie, that was the best beer I've had for a while.

Beautiful cans too

Yes Chef, Yes Chef! Lunchtime today in the Old Star (which unlike the Brookstead can't stop selling pales). Decided to try Zucotto and Mrs Rolls the Tiramisu. Given I am a complete beer grump, who hates beer in cans as well as being totally bored with IPA, this wasn't an easy sell. It poured well and tasted delicious - great recommendation, thanks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well a day late folks but a Lagunitas IPA, a Siren Soundwave, a Brewdog Thirst Quench, a Thornbridge Craccendale and a Northern Monk Orange business. Oh and two alcoholic Ginger beers on offer. I bloody love Ginger Beer.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well a day late folks but a Lagunitas IPA, a Siren Soundwave, a Brewdog Thirst Quench, a Thornbridge Craccendale and a Northern Monk Orange business. Oh and two alcoholic Ginger beers on offer. I bloody love Ginger Beer.

Some classics there.

Except the ginger beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here