Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handcross Hill Roadwork Signs

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thought there was gonna be a pile up yesterday morning, as everyone sped up as they got to top of hill, then slammed on breaks as they saw the new cameras further up.

Do they take you average speed for the whole restricted area, or can you get done for being over 40 between 2 sets of cameras?

Average along the whole stretch,say do 1mph for the first 2 cameras,80mph the 2nd and you could average 40mph,in theory

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yep, and the reason is to remove more money from more motorists.

Oh dear, you poor hard done by thing you.

Obey the law and keep your money in your pocket.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep, and the reason is to remove more money from more motorists.

If it was a genuine " money making exercise" the roads would now be awash with cameras , the 40 mph stretch on the A27 in Lancing by the leisure centre would be a goldmine.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The 40MPH stretch was quite long enough already before extending in northbound by another half mile. I speed up to 70 as soon as I'm past the camera and just hope they haven't sneekily put another one in further along.

Can't figure out why they've extended it. That part is already three lanes so no need for road works there. Give us drivers a bloody break.

I think I've figured out why they've extended it. I believe the crossover between southbound and northbound lanes will be installed there when they go to having one northbound lane of traffic on the southbound side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here