Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Half Fans Colombia.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Some history.

Men's professional football started late 19th century. The women's professional game started in 1969 although I was refereeing women's football in the 1980s and it was basically still an amateur game then. It was only in 1971 that the FA allowed women to play on members' pitches.

The womens' game now is completely different to 40 years ago and the standard is improving far quicker now that the mens' clubs are investing in women's football. Look at how our womens team has improved by having one of the best womens coaches there has ever been and the amazing training facilities at Lancing.

A WSL1 side is never going to beat an EPL side. In the same way that a woman is never going to beat Usain Bolt over 100m and the womens middle weight champion will never beat the mens middleweight champion. The standard is never going to be on par.

It's a bit like the old div 3 days when we were a crap side playing against another crap side. Many games were still competetive and enjoyable.

If you are watching womens sport and thinking "they are rubbish compared to the men", you are doing it wrong.

What rubbish , if i watch a comedian and he is not funny it does not mean i am " doing it wrong " it means he is NOT ENTERTAINING !

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Watching Albion Women very occasionally is a bit like going to your local non-league side when you don't know who half the players are and only a tiny bit about those you do know. It's a nice one off but I don't think I could follow another team properly. We already have the under 23's and under 18's who actually have a potential future link and impact to the First Team Squad.

As I've said before on here as well, put off a bit by the fact back in Uni days our women's football side were one of the best in the country and had a friendly at the end of their successful season with our men's field hockey side. 2 of us had ever played for our secondary school (for me very barely at that) and the rest just at breaktimes / P.E. etc. and most people not at all for about 5 years I reckon. Anyway 35 minutes into the match with the score 17-0 in our favour the coach decided it would be better if we all went inside for some food and didn't play a second half either. The women had the best player on the pitch (over for a year from America) but it didn't seem to help them much as we skipped past half hearted tackles and pinged in 30 yard looping efforts. I think I got about 5 or 6 assists from corners too.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
What rubbish , if i watch a comedian and he is not funny it does not mean i am " doing it wrong " it means he is NOT ENTERTAINING !
Not entertaining to you. Just because you don't find them funny, doesn't mean they aren't funny.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Watching Albion Women very occasionally is a bit like going to your local non-league side when you don't know who half the players are and only a tiny bit about those you do know. It's a nice one off but I don't think I could follow another team properly. We already have the under 23's and under 18's who actually have a potential future link and impact to the First Team Squad.

As I've said before on here as well, put off a bit by the fact back in Uni days our women's football side were one of the best in the country and had a friendly at the end of their successful season with our men's field hockey side. 2 of us had ever played for our secondary school (for me very barely at that) and the rest just at breaktimes / P.E. etc. and most people not at all for about 5 years I reckon. Anyway 35 minutes into the match with the score 17-0 in our favour the coach decided it would be better if we all went inside for some food and didn't play a second half either. The women had the best player on the pitch (over for a year from America) but it didn't seem to help them much as we skipped past half hearted tackles and pinged in 30 yard looping efforts. I think I got about 5 or 6 assists from corners too.
Half hearted tackles? As a referee, I see some of the hardest tackles in women's games, and they just get straight back up.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here