h+s buses

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These buses can work really well but its hit and miss,if they are full by the time they get to the grenadier they simply bypass withdean,patcham route.
On the way back they both meander through patcham and withdean? So hundreds of people take twice as long to get home so a handful on each bus get dropped near home.
Why not make the s and h bus an express after game straight to the grenadier,the hangleton one would be back at the amex in half the time.
They could have another bus just doing the patcham/withdean run,they must have an idea of passenger numbers by now???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It takes about 30 minutes from getting on the H bus to getting to the Grenadier - not sure that's too bad. What they really need to do is have a separate H and S queue after the game.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Why not make the s and h bus an express after game straight to the grenadier,the hangleton one would be back at the amex in half the time.
They could have another bus just doing the patcham/withdean run,they must have an idea of passenger numbers by now???

Erm The S Bus should be express to Grenadier. The H bus is 'another' bus just doing Hollingbury, Patcham, Withdean, Dyke Road, Hove Park etc.

What the Club needs to do is reinstate the H bus after games and create another bus for Grenadier.

Where is has gone wrong is that fans have created an unofficial park & ride at Grenadier and the club has not allowed for this.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The H bus is just too much of a risk to catch from Dyke Road/Withdean/Patcham

It is dreadful to learn that if it is full at Hangleton, they just bypass those standing at bus stops at Withdean and Patcham

I've been delighted with the H bus when it turns up and furious when it didn't. Like others Ii have raised this and been advised that the transport manager will investigate.......

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I'm moving back to Shoreham Beach in December. Can someone tell me about the "S" bus from the High Street. Are they dependable, full, easy to catch, both on the way and returning. Any tips gratefully accepted. Thanks

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm moving back to Shoreham Beach in December. Can someone tell me about the "S" bus from the High Street. Are they dependable, full, easy to catch, both on the way and returning. Any tips gratefully accepted. Thanks

They start picking up in the High St, so they won't be full then. If I use them (usually from Hammy Lane), there's still plenty of room on board.

On the return, unless you leave before the FT whistle, you may have to wait about 30-40 mins before you can get on one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports