Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Guy films & mocks dying police officers

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Call me a snowflake lefty but I think both he and society in general would benefit more from him being made to undertake therapy more than simply being imprisoned, becoming more bitter and a danger to the public when he gets out.

How would you feel about it, if that dieing policewoman had been your beloved? Genuine question

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
total scum. Lets hope he comes out of prison with an a'hole like a wizards sleeve and gets a solid kicking down some dark alley by some off duty coppers. Sicko's like this will never respond to the arm around the shoulder and a camomile tea!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Call me a snowflake lefty but I think both he and society in general would benefit more from him being made to undertake therapy more than simply being imprisoned, becoming more bitter and a danger to the public when he gets out.

i am a snowflake but see no issue with him spending more time in prison...if he genuinely did this then the man is a walking time bomb. yes some therapy as well but the person/terrorist who killed the two people in London had been through therapy and was signed off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wouldn,t make a lot of difference either way. A jury does not know previous offence history, and none of the above would be punishable by capital punishment. Does not stop the guy being a waste to society. He is the epitome of scum, some on here might even equate him to a Tory voter.

These days, in the UK at least, juries are made aware of prior convictions where they have any bearing e.g. similar or serious crimes.

I served on a jury where two blokes in their 20's were accused of a very serious GBH.

We were made fully aware that just a couple of years before, they were convicted of a near identical offence in the same Sussex town, where a harmless guy in his 20's was attacked and left paralised for life.

The judge makes that call, after listening to both legal camps in private.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The report in The Guardian carries a bit more detail on his actions:

Senior constable Kevin King, and constables Glen Humphris and Josh Prestney, also died in the crash. Pusey avoided injury because he was urinating off the side of the freeway. Instead of helping, he retrieved his phone and slowly walked around and filmed the scene, zooming in on the dead and dying officers and their injuries.

“That is f*cking justice, absolutely amazing,” Pusey said, focusing on a damaged unmarked police car. He walked towards the truck, driven by a sleep-deprived and drug-addled Mohinder Singh, and said: “You c*nts, I guess I’ll be getting a f*cking Uber home, huh”.

Wow.

He's clearly some kind of sociopath, and probably something way beyond that. A piece of filth who does not really deserve to spend his days walking among us. That must be absolute torture for the grief-stricken families of those poor officers killed.

This.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. But the outpouring of rage isn't directed at him even though the accident was entirely his fault through taking drugs.

There's plenty of disgust on NSC, even lately, about drivers who kill. A couple of threads are running.

The unparalleled act of this guy filming and mocking dead/dying people has gained him this attention.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. But the outpouring of rage isn't directed at him even though the accident was entirely his fault through taking drugs.

The different reactions are entirely understandable though. The truck driver has committed a terrible crime, and is going to be severely punished for it. But however negligent / reckless / selfish his acts were, the outcome was not deliberate. We can be angry at his lack of care / thought, for the safety of others, and be happy to see him behind bars, but there's no revulsion - there's not the same sense of evil in what he's done.

The actions of the other guy are so horrific - so far beyond normal behaviour - that people are rightly enraged and disgusted.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
These days, in the UK at least, juries are made aware of prior convictions where they have any bearing e.g. similar or serious crimes.

I served on a jury where two blokes in their 20's were accused of a very serious GBH.

We were made fully aware that just a couple of years before, they were convicted of a near identical offence in the same Sussex town, where a harmless guy in his 20's was attacked and left paralised for life.

The judge makes that call, after listening to both legal camps in private.

Yes and no. Bad Character evidence is only only allowed if the judge or bench (if it's in a mags court the bench hearing the bad character application would not be the sane bench that hears the trial) thinks it would assist in reaching the correct verdict. I have seen applications turned down as often as granted.
It's often applied for in domestic violence cases where there are no witnesses or the victim has retracted her/his statement.
Sometimes, though, even if there's no evidence of Bad Character you know they've got previous because the defence solicitor doesn't specifically say "He is a man of previously good standing".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here