Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going after this season?

Gut feeling - RDZ staying or going

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our form since the end of Sept. 13th.

IMG_1841.png

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
If we have a bad run to then end of the season results wise, can you see anyone paying his release clause plus employing his bazillion backroom staff...?
I couldn't see Liverpool taking all his backroom staff (even if we have a good end to the season) - I imagine they would have solid background staff in place. Not that I think Liverpool would want him yet.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Lots of guesswork and reading between the lines on here.

The only facts I’m aware of is that bloom is setting a target of CL football 3 years out of the next 5. That’s ambition for you.

The club also already knows who RDZ replacement will be.
Where's that come from?
That would be a very tough ask for any team bar maybe Liverpool and City etc

My gut feeling, is he is off. His comments are just very Poyet ish. He's a very open and honest Italian who speaks his mind and the truth when asked. Which I love in any person regardless of nationality as it's how I am in life, too.

On the flip side, he knew the plan when he joined. However, I think this plan may have changed in terms of our spending habits. I think it will increase considerably in the Summer, and he just wants to know what this will look like before signing a new deal.

OR I could be totally wrong and he is just being an ego static dick. (which I don't think he is one by then way!)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not once have I heard RDZ say he’s leaving, but rather it is a significant number of NSC members who are now repeating it like a worn trope as if it is a fait accompli - as if repeating it will make it true - I suspect therefore deep down a lot of fans actually love Roberto, admire what he has already achieved and rather than avoid the disappointment when he does, inevitably, eventually move on, some folk are trying to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy sooner than later - armchair psychobabble maybe but call it “post-Potter-fcuked-us-over syndrome” and we aint falling for it again.:lol:
The season is fizzling out. We're out of all the cups. We're still (just) in the race for a place in Europe, but let's be honest, we're outsiders for that now. I don't know about your 'worn trope', but the only trope I can see, which is now beginning to crack, is the trope of de Zerbi's infallibility!
Only a few months ago, any criticism or questioning of RDZ on here would have been met with hoots of derision. At best the poster would be informed that they didn't understand football - and at worst that they were a Palace troll! Now, RDZ's goal-keeper decisions are openly being questioned and criticised, as are some of his game management decisions (Roma away for example). And even his commitment to the club's sustainability ethos. Speculation? Of course - but it's still something that wasn't there a few months ago!
If he stays - the old de Zerbi that delighted us all when he came to the club that is - next season could be great. But if he expects TB to start paying £50M+ for ready made PL strikers (and paying them the £100K- £150K a week that they will expect) he will be in for a disappointment - and ultimately I think a disappointed RDZ wouldn't bode well for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here