Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Grumpy old man rant

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
ChatGPT tells me that

It sounds fair enough in that case. Looking at one’s phone in your hands or on your lap seems a very different category to holding up the phone, leaning forwards and blocking several other spectators to film rather than watch the entire game.
Just get all excited yourself during the game, all the while he’s filming jump up, sit down, applaud everything with exaggerated movement, keep knocking his filming arm, nudge him every time something good happens and tell him about it. Maybe chuck in the occasional Profanity right into his microphone. Make it pointless for him to do by ruining every bit of film of exciting passages of play. I don’t think stewards can do anything about (your) enthusiastic supporter behaviour.

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Sitting next to one of those so called superfans of a certain Albion player today, who had to constantly film (and block view) for the entire match. Why don’t the stewards stop people filming an entire game? It spoiled the view constantly when there was any action down the wing.
It would have annoyed me too. It certainly does when people do this at gigs - I’m trying to watch a fave band, and all I can see are loads of phones being held in the air.

People have forgotten how to simply rely upon their own eyes, and live in the moment. It seems as if nothing is real, or has happened, unless it’s been filmed on a phone and posted on social media.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ignore the mockery. Here is a tip. Film them filming, and then remind them they are breaching copywrite. :thumbsup:
And they can remind you that filming someone without consent is a breach of privacy!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
People have forgotten how to simply rely upon their own eyes, and live in the moment. It seems as if nothing is real, or has happened, unless it’s been filmed on a phone and posted on social media.
Spot on.
Will just never understand it.
Not on social media as I couldn’t think of anything worse but do people still post pictures up of their dinner? Always found that really weird.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here