Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ground extensions - that old chestnut!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looking across to the se corner and that awful completely EMPTY TV studio. Knock that down put the TV people when they get a bit cold into the empty room next to the stand and fall sign and put in a couple of thousand seats

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
First train to Brighton after the game 3 carriages, 2nd one 4 carriages, for a stadium built with public transport in mind there is no way it could cope with a larger capacity.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Rows could be added to the back of the NS, replacing the TV screen and offices. Without requiring alterations to the trusses.

The club show no interest in that though.
There are posts and cross members supporting each of the roof rafters at the back wall of the north stand. Not structurally, or economically feasible to alter for a few extra seats.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
First train to Brighton after the game 3 carriages, 2nd one 4 carriages, for a stadium built with public transport in mind there is no way it could cope with a larger capacity.
The contempt we're treated with by the train company, or is it the unions, I’m not sure, beggars belief. I do know that I’ll never try using the train again to escape from the Amex. Been wounded once too often to enter that battle again.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
What happened to the Bennetts field planning application
It was refused, but the applicant presumably appealed, as there is/was a public inquiry. I cannot find out any details on what happened or when it's likely to make a
recommendation.
BennettsField.PNG

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are posts and cross members supporting each of the roof rafters at the back wall of the north stand. Not structurally, or economically feasible to alter for a few extra seats.

I followed the original construction, behind the partition wall behind the last row of seats, there isn’t any steelwork involved in the truss or integrity of the roof. In effect a network of steels for floors.

It could be done, but I doubt it will on cost > financial benefit grounds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's because our public transport is being run by a bunch of shameless useless self-serving ****s.

We shouldn't let that hold the club back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The contempt we're treated with by the train company, or is it the unions, I’m not sure, beggars belief. I do know that I’ll never try using the train again to escape from the Amex. Been wounded once too often to enter that battle again.
It is the owners. The buck stops with them.

My 'franchise' in north Kent was re-nationalized last year when the French owners took all the Covid money and f***ed off. It is now being run down, with staff laid off to be replaced by ticket machines, 'no working toilets' still commonplace (this started 7 years ago with a cleaner dispute the owners simply couldn't be bothered to fox), overcrowding and delays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here